Canberra: Dreams on Wheels: Danish Cycling Culture for Urban Sustainability

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
If you're in Canberra or visiting soon, the re-opening of the Royal Danish Embassy includes a cycling themed exhibition entitled "Dreams on Wheels: Danish Cycling Culture for Urban Sustainability"

The exhibition includes an amazing bicycle film festival (see the program in the link below!), speakers program, a community day and free rides on an original Copenhagen Citybike.

From the Danish Embassy site: The exhibition is curated by Thomas Ermacora, Founder of Etikstudio, and has previously been shown at the Danish House in Paris, The Danish Design Centre in Copenhagen, and Harbourfront Centre of Toronto.

The concept is driven by the motivation to illustrate how a “cyclocentric” approach to urban development stimulates environmental concern and sustainable civic behaviour.

Dreams on Wheels can be seen at the Showcase Gallery, Commonwealth Place, Canberra, ACT from 3 May to the 1 June 2008.

Admission is free and open to people of all ages.

More information at:
http://www.canberra.um.dk/en/menu/Cultural+Services/Events/RoyalDanishEmbassyOpening/

Film Program:
http://www.canberra.um.dk/en/menu/Cultural+Services/Events/RoyalDanishEmbassyOpening/Event+Calendar/

Speakers Program:
http://www.canberra.um.dk/en/menu/Cultural+Services/Events/RoyalDanishEmbassyOpening/Speakers/

Community Day:
http://www.canberra.um.dk/en/menu/Cultural+Services/Events/RoyalDanishEmbassyOpening/CommunityDay/

On May 7, 12:04 am, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.38z...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> If you're in Canberra or visiting soon, the re-opening of the Royal
> Danish Embassy includes a cycling themed exhibition entitled "Dreams on
> Wheels: Danish Cycling Culture for Urban Sustainability"
>
> The exhibition includes an amazing bicycle film festival (see the
> program in the link below!), speakers program, a community day and free
> rides on an original Copenhagen Citybike.
>
> From the Danish Embassy site: The exhibition is curated by Thomas
> Ermacora, Founder of Etikstudio, and has previously been shown at the
> Danish House in Paris, The Danish Design Centre in Copenhagen, and
> Harbourfront Centre of Toronto.
>
> The concept is driven by the motivation to illustrate how a
> “cyclocentric” approach to urban development stimulates environmental
> concern and sustainable civic behaviour.
>
> Dreams on Wheels can be seen at the Showcase Gallery, Commonwealth
> Place, Canberra, ACT from 3 May to the 1 June 2008.
>
> Admission is free and open to people of all ages.
>
> More information at:http://tinyurl.com/43uoqp
>
> Film Program:http://tinyurl.com/4w7evo
>
> Speakers Program:http://tinyurl.com/3j8675
>
> Community Day:http://tinyurl.com/4smoek
>
> --
> cfsmtb

I had a look at this the otherday. A few interesting bikes, but a
little dissapointing. Apart from the hire fleet, there were about 15
bikes all up. Found it interesting, and would still recommend the look.

[email protected] wrote:

> On May 7, 12:04 am, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.38z...@no-
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
>> If you're in Canberra or visiting soon, the re-opening of the
>> Royal Danish Embassy includes a cycling themed exhibition
>> entitled "Dreams on Wheels: Danish Cycling Culture for Urban
>> Sustainability"
>>
>> The exhibition includes an amazing bicycle film festival (see
>> the program in the link below!), speakers program, a
>> community day and free rides on an original Copenhagen
>> Citybike.
>>
>> From the Danish Embassy site: The exhibition is curated by
>> Thomas Ermacora, Founder of Etikstudio, and has previously
>> been shown at the Danish House in Paris, The Danish Design
>> Centre in Copenhagen, and Harbourfront Centre of Toronto.
>>
>> The concept is driven by the motivation to illustrate how a
>> “cyclocentric” approach to urban development stimulates
>> environmental concern and sustainable civic behaviour.
>>
>> Dreams on Wheels can be seen at the Showcase Gallery,
>> Commonwealth Place, Canberra, ACT from 3 May to the 1 June
>> 2008.
>>
>> Admission is free and open to people of all ages.
>>
>> More information at:http://tinyurl.com/43uoqp
>>
>> Film Program:http://tinyurl.com/4w7evo
>>
>> Speakers Program:http://tinyurl.com/3j8675
>>
>> Community Day:http://tinyurl.com/4smoek
>>
>> --
>> cfsmtb

> I had a look at this the otherday. A few interesting bikes,
> but a little dissapointing. Apart from the hire fleet, there
> were about 15 bikes all up. Found it interesting, and would
> still recommend the look.

I went yesterday, and thought it was excellent display.

Only 2 days to go though - finishes Sunday.

John

John Henderson wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> On May 7, 12:04 am, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.38z...@no-
>> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
>>> If you're in Canberra or visiting soon, the re-opening of the
>>> Royal Danish Embassy includes a cycling themed exhibition
>>> entitled "Dreams on Wheels: Danish Cycling Culture for Urban
>>> Sustainability"
>>>
>>> The exhibition includes an amazing bicycle film festival (see
>>> the program in the link below!), speakers program, a
>>> community day and free rides on an original Copenhagen
>>> Citybike.
>>>
>>> From the Danish Embassy site: The exhibition is curated by
>>> Thomas Ermacora, Founder of Etikstudio, and has previously
>>> been shown at the Danish House in Paris, The Danish Design
>>> Centre in Copenhagen, and Harbourfront Centre of Toronto.
>>>
>>> The concept is driven by the motivation to illustrate how a
>>> “cyclocentric” approach to urban development stimulates
>>> environmental concern and sustainable civic behaviour.
>>>
>>> Dreams on Wheels can be seen at the Showcase Gallery,
>>> Commonwealth Place, Canberra, ACT from 3 May to the 1 June
>>> 2008.
>>>
>>> Admission is free and open to people of all ages.
>>>
>>> More information at:http://tinyurl.com/43uoqp
>>>
>>> Film Program:http://tinyurl.com/4w7evo
>>>
>>> Speakers Program:http://tinyurl.com/3j8675
>>>
>>> Community Day:http://tinyurl.com/4smoek
>>>
>>> --
>>> cfsmtb

>> I had a look at this the otherday. A few interesting bikes,
>> but a little dissapointing. Apart from the hire fleet, there
>> were about 15 bikes all up. Found it interesting, and would
>> still recommend the look.

> I went yesterday, and thought it was excellent display.
>
> Only 2 days to go though - finishes Sunday.
>
> John

John,

Agree. I have been a couple of times. Some thought provoking displays on
urban planning. Some cute bikes and trikes.

Patrick

Patrick Keogh said:
Agree. I have been a couple of times. Some thought provoking displays on
urban planning. Some cute bikes and trikes.

Luckily the exhibition is moving to Sydney this month and then onto Melbourne. ;)

More details:
http://www.gksydney.um.dk/en/menu/Events/DreamsOnWheels/
Exhibition opening hours: 10 June 2008 - 22 June 2008

Weekday opening hours 9am - 6pm
Weekend opening hours 10am - 4pm

Admission is free

University of Technology, Sydney
Tower Building (CB01) 15 Broadway, Ultimo