Cancellara

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Grater, Aug 14, 2008.

1. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

And because you frequent this said "doping forum", the apparent indication is that you too are doped...:D

2. frost

frost New Member

Obviously the form that he was in the beginning of 2007 Tour was amazing but also in such a short and technical prologue his Valentino Rossi-like riding must make several seconds!

3. jimmypop

jimmypop New Member

The top swimmers are all on a program. That's no secret.

NBC is once again pimping Phelps, so I wonder if they'd get just as much mileage if a positive test was made public?

4. oely

oely New Member

ha! your post had some substance till Kirchen and Schumacher were mentioned, then you just lost all credibility. Time to take off the one eyed team Columbia beer goggles and stop being a wanker.

5. Runitout

Runitout New Member

Cancellara often makes up time in his ITTs on the corners and descents. He's one of the best handlers in the peloton, certainly of a TT rig. While I make fun of triathletes all the time (mostly because they often can't hold a line, are prone to surging in a pack - especially when they get to the front - and have a tendency to run into parked cars on Beach Rd) those TT bikes are bloody hard to steer. Cancellara makes it look easy. Plus, he attacks at the right time. His race sense is excellent.

So yeah, it might be dope, but it's not all dope. The boy can really ride.

The issue is, CSC has one of the most intensive testing regimes out there. If our boy Fabian is on the gear, then the testers are so far behind the eightball it's not worth thinking about. And the betrayal of the fans by CSC, if they are doping, is worse than teams like USPS and ONCE, who never really pretended to be holier than thou, save a few notable exceptions.

I think that's why Cancellara's rides stick in the craw. Fans are far too jaded now to take them at face value - and the implications of people's suspicions being right are deeply depressing indeed.

For mine, I'll reserve judgment till I see a bit more evidence.

6. thunder

thunder New Member

hahhaha oely

always the man for sober criticism of forum hyperbole

7. Grater

Grater New Member

alz
    Last time I looked, Schumacher didn't ride for Columbia.

8. thunder

thunder New Member

oely, he got you :D

9. Geoff Vadar

Geoff Vadar New Member

Is Parawolf a trihardilete?

10. oely

oely New Member

True, he got me. Doping makes cycling so confusing :D

11. Anticyclone

Anticyclone New Member

To be fair to Cancellara's tour performance he didnt do well in the first week but did better later on. Maybe his training had been aimed at this? In the first week he tried one late attack which got him nowhere and he came 5th in a time trial he was expected to win.