Cancellara's interview after Flanders at CN...

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by tonyzackery, Apr 5, 2011.

1. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Tags:

2. finnrambo

finnrambo New Member

a true champion doesn't have a huge ego.....

3. Scott2468

Scott2468 Member

You're kidding, right?

All true champions have massive egos. They must. How can you be the best unless you really believe you are superior?

In saying this, some are able to appear a little humble by keeping their mouths in check.

4. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

If I could win race like PR and Rvv i'd also have a huge ego /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

5. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I have to agree that ego and drive equates to performance however athletes are coached on when to become actors and trash talk is part of the media hype.

6. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Profess not to follow any pro racer? Pah, Mr Greipel Fan Club USA.

I can see where Fabian is coming from on this one but maybe while he was cracking skulls on the front he didn't see Nuyens putting in a big effort to get the second group back into contention with less that 10km left. I know he saw Nuyens have go with about 4km left cause he followed his wheel...

Since the UCI have gone so far as to investigate Frank Schlecks use of a particular choice of hydration system, I'm sure the days of handing everyone a little trophy with "everyone is a winner" and a little gold star isn't too far off. Don't worry Tony you can be happy then.They might even have a podium that looks like the Sudtribune stand at Signal Iduna Park (Dortmund).

[​IMG]

Until then, let the trash talk continue and lets see if Fabian can back up those words of his this coming weekend.

7. rideNH

rideNH New Member

I guess this depends on how you feel about the rider, but many would consider Lance Armstrong to be a true champion. He has a massive ego.

If you don't consider him a true champion because he doped (no positives, but we all know it), then you have to exclude an awful lot of other past great riders too.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. tonyzackery

^^^ yawn...the anonomous little person is back to his usual M.O.

I, too, thought it brilliant of Steve (admin) to give the guy/gal a bone via an "(im)poster of the month" award with the hopes it would cause him/her to reflect on his/her adsurd and immature behavior. Looks like it worked for all of few days...nice try though...

Cancellara has no class, IMO. In my observation, his personality is not that of someone who turns it on and off with the forethought of creating media hype...

9. vspa

vspa Active Member

lets wait until sunday before making any more discussion on this thread, the race will give him and us the final answer !

10. tonyzackery

If he loses, I'll grin a bit. If he wins, good on 'em. Doesn't really matter all that much to me - I'm not a fan...

Regardless if he wins or loses, he's still like a school teacher on spring break...

11. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

There was a change? Really... Must have been something to do with the extra vicoden.

You post in a public forum and you might get a reply. Funny that... You say that it doesn't really matter or that you have no interest - but you must have some, you created this thread. You say that you follow no particular Pro cyclist yet we get threads on Greipel and even pictures him doing funky exercises... and when he actually manages to win an obscure stage of a race out in the boonies we can count on you posting about. Sounds like a bit of an interest to me.

If you don't like people replying to your threads maybe you should ask the mods to create a little world for yourself. "TZ's Padded Locker room" or something similar. ;)

12. tonyzackery

^^^ yawn...Steve, give 'em another award...

13. Yojimbo_

Yojimbo_ Well-Known Member

Run along now TZ. It's time for you to go.

14. tonyzackery

^^^Give this other anonomous little sniper an award too - he/she deserves it just as much as the current award winner...LOL!

15. Yojimbo_

Yojimbo_ Well-Known Member

So you're still hanging around - like a bad smell.

It really is time for you to go TZ.

16. tonyzackery

^^^ yawn...I must really be doing something right in order to have a couple anonomous nitwits constantly clamoring for my attention/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

17. vspa

vspa Active Member

how about Armstrong and Lemond, allways down playing their favoritism in favor of others, pure cowardness

18. tonyzackery

Lemond? Don't know too much about him - before my time with cycling. Armstrong, from what I can recall, usually had respectful things to say about his adversaries to the media. He always spoke highly of Ullrich. In private, I can only imagine it was much different story. Armstrong has always been extremely intelligent with regard to media's portrayal of his "brand"...

19. vspa

vspa Active Member

only when Armstrong failed twice to win the Tour after 1st retirement he conceded that he DID WANT and that he THOUGHT he was going to win the 8th one... so yeah those are strategies, what to say to the media before the races

20. tonyzackery

I'll leave you to discuss Armstrong's motives regarding his quotes in the media...he's old news (pun intended)...

Perhaps, it'll come out at some point that Cancellara was misquoted concerning Nuyen's Flanders victory...