Cancellara's sprint win...a little too convenient and easy?

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <[email protected]>
> ,
> RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 12, 2:21 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Switzerland, of course, has three different tribal
>> > factions - they don't even speak the same language! -
>> > so I'm worried that if we don't go in there with enough
>> > troops, it will devolve into civil war.

>> I'm aware of the cheese and chocolate factions, but what's the third?

> Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that
> awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under
> the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and
> bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da
> Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had
> brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and
> peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So
> long Holly.

But you forget what an orderly society they are. What with a cop on every
corner it's hard to break any laws without someone bouncing a nightstick off
of your head.

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:55:43 GMT, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article
><[email protected]>
>,
> RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 12, 2:21 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Switzerland, of course, has three different tribal
>> > factions - they don't even speak the same language! -
>> > so I'm worried that if we don't go in there with enough
>> > troops, it will devolve into civil war.

>> I'm aware of the cheese and chocolate factions, but what's the third?

>Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that
>awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under
>the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and
>bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da
>Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had
>brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and
>peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So
>long Holly.

Great quote, I can hear the zither music already.

Ron

In article <[email protected]>,
RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2:33 pm, Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
> > RicodJour wrote:

> > > I'm aware of the cheese and chocolate factions, but what's the third?

> > Pocketknives and timepieces.

> Which is the one with the blonde girls with tits too big for their
> dresses? Can we spare them the suffering? I'm offering refugee
> status and free shots of tequila to help calm their ravaged nerves.
>
> http://www.ronjo.com/costume/prods/PLBY-400199.html
> http://www.buycostumes.com/Category/126/Product/32035/ProductDetail.aspx

Along those lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGcdGNlKifY