Cancer Breakthrough

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dave, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Tags:

  2. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    > Here is a new product that claims to be a cancer cure.
    >
    > http://www.careseng.com/
    >
    > http://www.pegasuspharm.com/

    This site states "Careseng Clinic uses the novel scientific Careseng Therapy that is highly
    effective, natural, anti- cancerous and it encompasses anti-relapse properties."

    Let's see what evidence is given for these claims. Actually, none. Three dubious, very short term,
    anecdotal reports are all that is offered. One is a patient who had breast biopsy and is supposed to
    have had a beneficial effect from the drug because subsequent mastectomy found minimal cancer. This
    is not unusual in breast cancer surgery because the biopsy has removed most of the cancer. Genuine
    cancer researchers would know this.

    In the following review it states about ginseng chemicals: "A number of investigations point to
    antitumor properties and other pharmacological activities related to cancer, but no trials have yet
    confirmed a clinically significant anticancer activity."

    This is consistent with the level of information on this quack site. The quacks are becomng more
    sophisticated, though, with the authors of this site talking about phase 1 and phase 11 trials that
    mysteriously have yet to be done on their product, despite claims that this is a well- established
    treatment method.

    Panax ginseng: a role in cancer therapy?

    Chang YS, Seo EK, Gyllenhaal C, Block KI.

    School of Pharmacy, China Medical College, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China.

    Panax ginseng is a plant that has been used in traditional medicine in China for thousands of years.
    It is used as a general tonic or adaptogen with chronically ill patients and is frequently featured
    in traditional medicine prescriptions from China, Japan, and Korea used by cancer patients. The
    putative active compounds are the ginsenosides, of which there are more than two dozen. These
    compounds are found in both Panax ginseng and in other Panax species that are used in herbal
    medicine. Analysis of ginsenosides is being used in developing quality control assessments for
    ginseng, which has frequently been adulterated due to its high cost; many currently available
    standardized extracts do appear to contain the amounts of ginsenosides listed on package labeling.
    The toxicity of ginseng appears to be low: some of the reports of toxic episodes of ginseng may
    actually pertain to other components of multicomponent preparations. Very low incidence of toxicity
    has been observed in ginseng clinical trials using well-characterized preparations. Numerous
    pharmacological activities of ginseng and the ginsenosides have been explored: the authors review
    here the activities relating to cancer. Immune system modulation, antistress activities, and
    antihyperglycemic activities are among the most notable features of ginseng noted in laboratory and
    clinical analyses. Much testing has been done in humans to explore ginseng's purported antifatigue
    properties, but this area remains controversial. A number of investigations point to antitumor
    properties and other pharmacological activities related to cancer, but no trials have yet confirmed
    a clinically significant anticancer activity. Cancer patients may empirically find ginseng to be
    useful when they are fatigued, although clinical trials should be conducted to confirm its benefits.

    Peter Moran

  3. kathy37

    kathy37 Guest

    Obviously cancer-cures-in-a-bottle don't come cheap. $60 a bottle per day for 90 days, & that's only
    Part I. I can't figure out the Soft-Gel thing, which you take for another 90 days, but it looks like
    a very little container for $800.

    Hope it works.

  4. Orac

    Orac Guest

  5. Ilsa9

    Ilsa9 Guest

  6. Jan

    Jan Guest

  7. Wb

    Wb Guest

  8. Sally

    Sally Guest

    I hope it works too.

    > Obviously cancer-cures-in-a-bottle don't come cheap. $60 a bottle per day for 90 days, & that's
    > only Part I. I can't figure out the Soft-Gel thing, which you take for another 90 days, but it
    > looks like a very little container for $800.
    >
    > Hope it works.

  9. Ilsa9

    Ilsa9 Guest

  10. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected] Date: 2/14/2004 11:08 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
    ><[email protected]rks.com.au>

    <snip>

    >This is consistent with the level of information on this quack site.

    Well. indeed it must be correct.

    However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/articles/p182.htm

    Here is the photo of the man behind the web site http://www.quack quack.com/index.html. He often
    attacks various health products and practices by making false claims about them, as if those claims
    came FROM them, and then knocks down these straw men of his own device.

    One of the most ***evil*** people on the web is a former psychiatrist who lashes out against just
    about every possible alternative health product or practice. It is, in fact, a hall of fame. If you
    are mentioned in his pages you can assume you are doing a good job!

    He attacks chelation therapy, of course, but he selects a "straw man" to attack. In other words, the
    early explanation of how chelation therapy works is well proven to be false, even though many people
    are still repeating those lies. But, the more thoughtful intravenous doctors have discarded this
    early theory and gone on to the second theory, mentioned on another page (Click Here).

    <More organized medicine mumbo jumbo snipped>

    From one who is so blinded he can't see cover-ups, and fraud, if they happen within
    conventional medicine.

    Jan

  11. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    > >From: "Peter Moran" [email protected] Date: 2/14/2004 11:08 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
    > ><[email protected]rks.com.au>
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >This is consistent with the level of information on this quack site.
    >
    > Well. indeed it must be correct.
    >
    > However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    >
    > http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/articles/p182.htm

    It's funny to note that the one article they cite to "support" chelation therapy is from the 1950's.
    They neglect that evidence accumulated over the last decade shows that, at the very best, chelation
    has no detectable effect on atherosclerotic disease in smaller randomized studies. At the very best,
    that means, even if chelation does actually a beneficial effect on atherosclerosis, it is probably
    very small (certainly much, much smaller than the miraculous effects claimed by chelation
    proponents, who like to claim that chelation can be used instead of coronary artery bypass surgery).
    More likely, it's an indication that chelation is probably worthless as a therapy for
    atherosclerotic disease.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

  12. No Way

    No Way Guest

    If you want some real information about a product. Follow these links for information about a
    natural product that has medical patents for cancer treatment, prevention and assit for anyone
    during chemo and radio therapy if you are looking for something medically & scientifically proven.
    Cut and paste any that dont line wrap in the message.

    It has medical patents. No others have. It is covered by Medicare and Medicaid which are major drug
    plans. It is listed in the Physician's Desk Reference. It is included in the Pharmacy 'Red' book. It
    will be in the Canadian C.P.S. in 2004. It is undenatured. No others are. It is the only bioactive
    whey protein product. It is the only glutathione precursor. It is the only one that is a Cysteine
    delivery system. It has many completed human 'in vivo' clinical studies. The original studies were
    funded by the Canadian Government and the Canada Research Council. It is prescribed by Canadian & US
    Doctors HMS-90 or Immunocal is Drug qualified. It is the only Whey protein isolate that is packaged
    under pharmaceutical protocols. Including triple wrap packaging, lot numbers, batch numbers, and
    expiry dates.

    Canadian medical cancer patent for a natural product:
    http://patents1.ic.gc.ca/details?patent_number=2142277&language=EN_CA

    United States cancer patent for a natural product:

    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1
    &u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='5,888,552'.WKU.&OS=PN/5,888,552&RS =PN/5,888,552

    Medical paptent for boosting the immune system as needed by cancer patients:

    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=/netahtm
    l/search-adv.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&p=1&p=1&S1=5,230,902.WKU.&OS=PN/5,230,9 02&RS=PN/5,230,902

    A natural product found at a medical data base:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Search&db=PubMed&doptcmdl= DocSum&term=immunocal

    http://www.immunesystemsupport.com/wpcagmct/gmct.html

    http://www.immunesystemsupport.com/osicaand/chapt-42.html

    http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/00/slides/3652s1_05/sld001.htm

    http://wiz2.pharm.wayne.edu/biochem/aametab.html

    http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/fulltext/glut.html

    http://www.genome.ad.jp/kegg/pathway/map/map00480.html

    http://www.ceri.com/redox.htm

    http://my.webmd.com/content/article/11/1671_52405

    http://www.babyboomers-seniors.com/feb00/botm.html

    http://pages.cthome.net/xx/whey11.htm

    http://www.google.ca/search?q=celine+dion+immunotec&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en&meta
    =

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Search&db=PubMed&doptcmdl= DocSum&term=(immunocal)
    AND ((double [WORD] AND blind* [WORD]) OR placebo [WORD])

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Search&db=PubMed&doptcmdl=
    DocSum&term=glutathione+cancer

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Search&db=PubMed&doptcmdl= DocSum&term=Bounous G

    Cut and paste any that did not line wrap.

    Peter Moran <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com .au...

    > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Here is a new product that claims to be a cancer cure.
    > >
    > > http://www.careseng.com/
    > >
    > > http://www.pegasuspharm.com/
    > >

    > This site states "Careseng Clinic uses the novel scientific Careseng Therapy that is highly
    > effective, natural, anti- cancerous and it encompasses anti-relapse properties."
    >
    > Let's see what evidence is given for these claims. Actually, none

  13. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "No Way" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > If you want some real information about a product. Follow these links for information about a
    > natural product that has medical patents for cancer treatment, prevention and assit for anyone
    > during chemo and radio therapy if you are looking for something medically & scientifically proven.
    > Cut and paste any that dont line wrap in the message.
    >
    > It has medical patents. No others have. It is covered by Medicare and Medicaid which are major
    > drug plans. It is listed in the Physician's Desk Reference. It is included in the Pharmacy 'Red'
    > book. It will be in the Canadian C.P.S. in 2004. It is undenatured. No others are. It is the only
    > bioactive whey protein product. It is the only glutathione precursor. It is the only one that is a
    > Cysteine delivery system. It has many completed human 'in vivo' clinical studies. The original
    > studies were funded by the Canadian Government and the Canada Research Council. It is prescribed
    > by Canadian & US Doctors HMS-90 or Immunocal is Drug qualified. It is the only Whey protein
    > isolate that is packaged under pharmaceutical protocols. Including triple wrap packaging, lot
    > numbers, batch numbers, and expiry dates.

    Damn spammer. Go away.

    [URLs snipped]

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

  14. Mdd

    Mdd Guest

    Why? The question is, does it work?
    "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "No Way" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > If you want some real information about a product. Follow these links for information about a
    > > natural product that has medical patents for cancer treatment, prevention and assit for anyone
    > > during chemo and radio therapy if you are looking for something medically & scientifically
    > > proven. Cut and paste any that dont line wrap in the message.
    > >
    > > It has medical patents. No others have. It is covered by Medicare and Medicaid which are major
    > > drug plans. It is listed in the Physician's Desk Reference. It is included in the Pharmacy 'Red'
    > > book. It will be in the Canadian C.P.S. in 2004. It is undenatured. No others are. It is the
    > > only bioactive whey protein product. It is the only glutathione precursor. It is the only one
    > > that is a Cysteine delivery system. It has many completed human 'in vivo' clinical studies. The
    > > original studies were funded by the Canadian Government and the Canada Research Council. It is
    > > prescribed by Canadian & US Doctors HMS-90 or Immunocal is Drug qualified. It is the only Whey
    > > protein isolate that is packaged under pharmaceutical protocols. Including triple wrap
    > > packaging, lot numbers, batch numbers, and expiry dates.
    >
    > Damn spammer. Go away.
    >
    > [URLs snipped]
    >
    > --
    > Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
    > |
    > |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

  15. No Way

    No Way Guest

  16. No Way

    No Way Guest

    Mark Probert-February 17, 2004 <Mark [email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

    > "No Way" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 01.sprint.ca...
    >
    > Snip
    >
    > Merely having a patent does not mean it works as advertised.

    Being ignorant of facts is ok Life is a learning process Here are criteria that any product should
    satisfy Immunocal (HMS-90) is a natural product that is drug qualified for the treatment and
    prevention of cancer. The medical patents already have been granted by Canada and the US. No
    discussion needed about that.

    These are the important questions. What is the product? What is the evidence that this product will
    do whatever the product purports to do (e.g., counteract the disease or medical condition being
    relieved; lead to better results than conventional treatment?) Have results from studies of this
    product been published in any peer-reviewed medical journals? Can I have copies of the publications
    or references to these publications? What are the training and credentials of the provider? Is the
    provider, seller of the product, willing to communicate with my primary care physician and / or my
    health insurance company?
    ===================================
    What medical proof do you have for your claims? Are these products covered by Medicare or Medicaid?
    Are they listed in the Physician's Desk Reference? Are they included in the Pharmacy "Red" Book? Do
    they have Method-of-Use Patents? NOT formula patents that foods get. Can a search at PubMed reveal
    ongoing scientific studies of these products? http://www4.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/medline.html Do
    these products have any completed clinical studies? Testimonials mean absolutely nothing in the real
    world of science medicine, pharmacology, and human studies

    Immunocal / HMS-90 satisfies all the above. Phone Doctor Jimmy Gutman at the Montreal General
    Hospital and ask him. He is chief resident at the emergency department. Canadian Doctors have no
    financial gain as US doctors have. Ask Dr. Allan Somersall MD. and he has 2 Ph.D's one in chemistry
    to how it works from a pathological point of view.

    Look up the book: Breakthrough in Cell-Defense It is my local library in Toronto. Ask yourself why
    it would be.

  17. No Way

    No Way Guest

    mdd <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Why? The question is, does it work?

    Yes it does work With medical patents and coverage by drug plans it has to work as claimed And
    prescribed by medical doctors.

    > "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]
    > ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "No Way" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > If you want some real information about a product. Follow these links for information about a
    > > > natural product that has medical patents for cancer treatment, prevention and assit for anyone
    > > > during chemo and radio therapy if you are looking for something medically & scientifically
    > > > proven. Cut and paste any that dont line wrap in the message.
    > > >
    > > > It has medical patents. No others have. It is covered by Medicare and Medicaid which are major
    > > > drug plans. It is listed in the Physician's Desk Reference. It is included in the Pharmacy
    > > > 'Red' book. It will be in the Canadian C.P.S. in 2004. It is undenatured. No others are. It is
    > > > the only bioactive whey protein product. It is the only glutathione precursor. It is the only
    > > > one that is a Cysteine delivery system. It has many completed human 'in vivo' clinical
    > > > studies. The original studies were funded by the Canadian Government and the Canada Research
    > > > Council. It is prescribed by Canadian & US Doctors HMS-90 or Immunocal is Drug qualified. It
    > > > is the only Whey protein isolate that is packaged under pharmaceutical protocols. Including
    > > > triple wrap packaging, lot numbers, batch numbers, and expiry dates.
    > >
    > > Damn spammer. Go away.
    > >
    > > [URLs snipped]
    > >
    > > --
    > > Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
    > > |
    > > |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

  18. "No Way" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > Mark Probert-February 17, 2004 <Mark [email protected]>
    wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "No Way" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > 01.sprint.ca...
    > >
    > > Snip
    > >
    > > Merely having a patent does not mean it works as advertised.
    > >

    > Yes it does when it is a medical patent. It takes about 5 years to get a medical patent and a cost
    > of about 1
    million
    > dollars.

    Nope. Wrong. If you want to prove you are right, post something other than your statement.