Cancer or a boyfriend

wackydeirdre

Mar 12, 2005
When I met with an old aquaintance yesterday whom I hadn't seen since I was significantly overweight he said to me "OK what is it, cancer or a boyfriend?" I said neither, cycling. I have to say, the pounds really poured off once I began road cycling. As one of my friends said " people just don't lose weight at the speed you have been unless they have had their stomach stapled ". The difference here is It's going to stay off.:D

wackydeirdre said:
When I met with an old aquaintance yesterday whom I hadn't seen since I was significantly overweight he said to me "OK what is it, cancer or a boyfriend?" I said neither, cycling. I have to say, the pounds really poured off once I began road cycling. As one of my friends said " people just don't lose weight at the speed you have been unless they have had their stomach stapled ". The difference here is It's going to stay off.:D
Phew.

For a minute I thought this was going to be a 'which would you prefer?' thread.

Keep on riding!:D

Isn't it great to surprise people?

AfterI lost 30 lbs or so and cut my hair for the first time in a decade, a coworker from another office was in town to deliver some training for a client. I came into the training room and started talking to him about how the class was going, etc. We talked for a few minutes, with him giving me funny looks before he finally asked "And what was your name?"

Or.... cancer or the ex-wife. In my case they are pretty much the same thing.

wackydeirdre said:
This Thread Is Worthless Without Before And After Pictures!!!:D

Before .... With the ugly dress and bad hair and horrible background.:D

After ...... Lycra!! ... and bike BEHIND you:D

MAke your own club ..... The B&A - before and after - club.

danch said:

AfterI lost 30 lbs or so and cut my hair for the first time in a decade, a coworker from another office was in town to deliver some training for a client. I came into the training room and started talking to him about how the class was going, etc. We talked for a few minutes, with him giving me funny looks before he finally asked "And what was your name?"
That also happened. He had to be introduced to me. When I said hi he just looked at me.

danch said:

That's a good one. I always use to have very short hair. Offlate it's been over 6 months since I had cut. i want back to my college to meet my profs., they failed to recognize me!

huhenio said:
This Thread Is Worthless Without Before And After Pictures!!!:D

Before .... With the ugly dress and bad hair and horrible background.:D

After ...... Lycra!! ... and bike BEHIND you:D

MAke your own club ..... The B&A - before and after - club.
Call me a liar will you? I actually was thinking if I marketed the thing properly I could possibly make more loot than Jenny Craig! Not to toot my own horn, well, ok I'll blast it, I was really fat, not phat, FAAATT. Getting right down to it, I'm a fair looking lean Irish lass who I gamble would not get tossed out of bed for eating cookies:D. Oh yea, I'm divorced and happy, happy, happy to be:cool: (he was not a very nice man). Don't get me wrong, divorce and cookies aside, I'm not a **** thank you, in fact, Ive been out of circulation for a very long time. -Raising babies and all, Ive been busy.

wackydeirdre said:
Call me a liar will you? I actually was thinking if I marketed the thing properly I could possibly make more loot than Jenny Craig! Not to toot my own horn, well, ok I'll blast it, I was really fat, not phat, FAAATT. Getting right down to it, I'm a fair looking lean Irish lass who I gamble would not get tossed out of bed for eating cookies:D. Oh yea, I'm divorced and happy, happy, happy to be:cool: (he was not a very nice man). Don't get me wrong, divorce and cookies aside, I'm not a **** thank you, in fact, Ive been out of circulation for a very long time. -Raising babies and all, Ive been busy.
1 - never called you a liar
2 - market the thing
3 - being formerly fat is no shame .... as long as is formerly!:D
4 - I believe you.
5 - I did not mean to call you a **** - when did I do that?:confused:
6 - The bike had to be a FOREGROUND prop ... I dont know what you understood.

And finally.

This Thread Is Worthless Without Before And After Pics:D

jhuskey said:
Or.... cancer or the ex-wife. In my case they are pretty much the same thing.
:D

*********** huskey my friend....you must hate that *****, the the 117th time youve mentioned her in one week!.

MountainPro said:
:D

*********** huskey my friend....you must hate that *****, the the 117th time youve mentioned her in one week!.

She is just so easy to hate. It's takes no effort at all.

I used to be a fat child. Now my girlfriend says I need to put some beef on as I have a "feminine" body shape (without the breasts thankfully). I still have some flab on my belly which I hold dear as a memory of past childhood.

huhenio said:
1 - never called you a liar
2 - market the thing
3 - being formerly fat is no shame .... as long as is formerly!:D
4 - I believe you.
5 - I did not mean to call you a **** - when did I do that?:confused:
6 - The bike had to be a FOREGROUND prop ... I dont know what you understood.

And finally.

This Thread Is Worthless Without Before And After Pics:D
I'm really sorry, I didn't mean you called me a ****. I was having an extreme moment of silliness and didn't want to be misinterpreted. Don't take it all so seriously. I'm sorry, I dont have any before pics on digital. I realize I could scan one and put it on but think I'd rather die first.:eek:

wackydeirdre said:
Hey WD I am/was in the same boat. I am down over 80 lbs since I started riding. My GF went through a transition as well, she has lost over 60 lbs. We were introduced to each other about 4 months ago. We were just talking tonight about me trying to convert her to a bike from running, she is going to give it a shot so hopefuly she will like it and I can have a new riding partner. :D

wheelist said:
Phew.

For a minute I thought this was going to be a 'which would you prefer?' thread.

Keep on riding!:D
There's a quiz show on Radio One where you have to identify the voice, a song and a film quote, one guy rung up and obviously didn't know the rules. He got the song they played, then identified the voice... then they said "which do you prefer, a girlfriend with one breast or half a brain" (being the film quote) he asked them to repeat the question, and after a brief pause replied "one breast".

The DJ was in stitches, you could hear the whole studio laughing, then they cut to a record. It was one of the funniest things I've ever heard....

wackydeirdre said:
Cycling is the key to keeping it off.....I did the big weight loss thing after doing the big weight gain thing ....... Over a 3 year period. Then I stopped riding and bang ..... I grew again. So it is flowing offf now that I am doing my rides. And I guess cycling is the key for me to keep it off.....
What are your plans this winter ????? WAIT..... I mean what are your exercise plans to keep the weight thing off, not literally "What are your plans now Irish lass that likes cookies in bed and is divorced type of question?" How are you going to keep it off ???
And uhhhh, what type of cookies do you like?

jaguar75 said:
Hey WD I am/was in the same boat. I am down over 80 lbs since I started riding. My GF went through a transition as well, she has lost over 60 lbs. We were introduced to each other about 4 months ago. We were just talking tonight about me trying to convert her to a bike from running, she is going to give it a shot so hopefuly she will like it and I can have a new riding partner. :D
Congrats ..... What time period did the weigh [80 lbs.] come off?

wolfix said:
Cycling is the key to keeping it off.....I did the big weight loss thing after doing the big weight gain thing ....... Over a 3 year period. Then I stopped riding and bang ..... I grew again. So it is flowing offf now that I am doing my rides. And I guess cycling is the key for me to keep it off.....
What are your plans this winter ????? WAIT..... I mean what are your exercise plans to keep the weight thing off, not literally "What are your plans now Irish lass that likes cookies in bed and is divorced type of question?" How are you going to keep it off ???
And uhhhh, what type of cookies do you like?
I was just being goofy. I actually don't even like cookies very much and definetly wouldn't eat them in bed if I did. If you need me to pick a favorite though I have to say chocolate chip. Only when they come right out of the oven though and the chocolate is still melted.
As far as exercise, I guess pilates and a stationary cycle. I also would like to get a treadmill but only want one that will go from flat to inclined so you get the actual feeling of a good walk. I think treadmills also exercise the same muscle groups as cycling and enjoy the workout I get from one.
regarding what is the divorced type irish lass doing this winter question, only time will tell.