Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Cane Creek or Chris King?

Started by Trek_Athlete · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,539 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 May 2006
Last activity
31 May 2006
Original author
Trek_Athlete
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,539
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have never owned a Chris King headset but from my research, they seem to be top notch "classic" headsets. I own a bike with a Cane Creek S-3 and I love it, so from experience, I know Cane Creek is great.
    One important thing to consider before choosing sides is this little statement I retrieved from the Cane Creek website:

    Is the technology in other threadless headsets fundamentally different from that of Cane Creek and AheadSet?

    No. The AheadSet design holds a patent (U.S. patent 5095770) for threadless headset technology. All other threadless headset manufacturers license the AheadSet technology. Examples include: Chris King, Syncros, Race Face, Tioga, FSA, Ritchey, Dia-Tech and WTB.

    I had previously assumed that Chris King is the way to go. Now I realize that both companies seem to offer outstanding products.

  2. Obsessed with headsets are we?!?

  3. badkarma said:

    Obsessed with headsets are we?!?


    It's possible that I am.

  4. say those in the know.

    if you have a fine bike, and want the finest on it, get the king.

    even on my budget rigs, with the mileage i put on, the king has the durability needed.

    Trek_Athlete said:

    I have never owned a Chris King headset but from my research, they seem to be top notch "I had previously assumed that Chris King is the way to go. Now I realize that both companies seem to offer outstanding products.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.