Cane Creek Shock

Rick

Guest
I have a cane creek shock on my Bike-e AT. Does anyone know how much pressure you can pump into it?
There is noway to lock it out, But what is the best way to keep the shock from flexing so much for
road riding where you do not need the shock? Do you just pump it up on high pressure to make for a
stiffer ride? Forgive my ignorance. I am not much of a mechanic. Thanks for your help. Rick

[email protected] (Rick) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a cane creek shock on my Bike-e AT. Does anyone know how much pressure you can pump into
> it? There is noway to lock it out, But what is the best way to keep the shock from flexing so much
> for road riding where you do not need the shock? Do you just pump it up on high pressure to make
> for a stiffer ride? Forgive my ignorance. I am not much of a mechanic. Thanks for your help. Rick

You need to pump up shock 15 or 20 pounds above your body weight. Also depending on which shock pump
your using you might lose a lot of air when taking your shock pump off the shock. I found that I
lost a lot of air when screwing off the pump when using the cane creek pump .I now use the Total Air
Pump from ekosports co. It has a special chuck that cuts down on air loss

Hey Rick. What model of Shock is it? (AD-10, Cloud 9, AD 8?). Does it have adjustable rebound or
compression knobs or just an air-valve? If it is an AD 10 or 12, turn the compression knob fully
clockwise for road riding. This will increase the amount of force needed to initiate movement. If it
is a Cloud 9, there is a lockout button (actually more of a compression all-on button). If there are
no such adjusters , contact Cane Creek about an upgrade. I'm not sure if it is still available but
they were doing a trade-in on old shocks towards new ones. If that is over, you still may have a
chance. Do you have the Shock owners manual? If so, it will detail how to dis-assemble the shock and
re-position the piston inside to create a more progressive spring rate, or a more linear one. Not
the same as a lockout, and may fix one problem while creating another, but short of a new
shock...... If you have no manual, Cane Creek can Mail you one. Good Luck Keith.

"The knack lies in learning to throw yourself
- at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams.

"Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a cane creek shock on my Bike-e AT. Does anyone know how much pressure you can pump into
> it? There is noway to lock it out, But what is the best way to keep the shock from flexing so much
> for road riding where you do not need the shock? Do you just pump it up on high pressure to make
> for a stiffer ride? Forgive my ignorance. I am not much of a mechanic. Thanks for your help. Rick

"Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a cane creek shock on my Bike-e AT. Does anyone know how much pressure you can pump
> into it?

I pump mine about 20-25 lbs more than my weight. I believe that is the guidance the
instructions provided.

HTH Richard

"kapers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Hey Rick. What model of Shock is it? (AD-10, Cloud 9, AD 8?). Does it have
adjustable
> rebound or compression knobs or just an air-valve? If it is an AD 10 or 12, turn the compression
> knob fully clockwise for
road
> riding. This will increase the amount of force needed to initiate
movement.
> If it is a Cloud 9, there is a lockout button (actually more of a compression all-on button). If
> there are no such adjusters , contact Cane Creek about an upgrade. I'm not sure if it is still
> available but they
were
> doing a trade-in on old shocks towards new ones. If that is over, you
still
> may have a chance. Do you have the Shock owners manual? If so, it will detail how to dis-assemble
> the shock and re-position the piston inside to create a more progressive spring rate, or a more
> linear one. Not the same as a lockout, and may fix one problem while creating another, but short
> of a new shock...... If you have no manual, Cane Creek can Mail you one. Good Luck Keith.

BikeE AT Cane Creek shock has no adjustments. Instructions are to pump the shock to about 20-25 lbs
above your weight.

Richard

> "Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have a cane creek shock on my Bike-e AT. Does anyone know how much pressure you can pump into
> > it? There is noway to lock it out, But what is the best way to keep the shock from flexing so
> > much for road riding where you do not need the shock? Do you just pump it up on high pressure to
> > make for a stiffer ride? Forgive my ignorance. I am not much of a mechanic. Thanks for your
> > help. Rick

"Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have a cane creek shock on my Bike-e AT. Does anyone know how much pressure you can pump
> > into it?
>
> I pump mine about 20-25 lbs more than my weight. I believe that is the guidance the instructions
> provided.
>
> HTH Richard

Thanks for the infomation on the Cane Creek Shock guys. Rick

\