Cannabis...

I think there is nothing funny in this story, because cannabis can be really harmful if they are very addicted. I think this is not a joke. I found a great option, which has the properties of cannabis, but which is absolutely not harmful to the body. CBD oil helps to cope with many problems. I order it on the Blessed website.

An old thread from 2015 but since then...cannabis is now legal in Canada and it's sold either by the government in each province or under government license. There are shops or you can get it mail order. Edibles too.

Personally, I don't want any. Can't understand why people take recreational drugs - I sort of think the ones that do are losers.

Strange reasoning. To be honest, CBD oil is very different from weed and does not contain psychoactive substances. Losers? If a person is ill it is called a loser?

Obviously I am talking about recreational users.

CBD oil is great. I had a dog that the Vet gave up on. They gave him a few days due to a growing tumor. CBD oil gave him 10 more months, the tumor went away.
We lost him due to other issues that were beyond CDB oil to cure. The extract contains practically no THC and tastes like ****. I take it every day.

I wonder if that CBD oil is detected on drug tests showing as marijuana use?

I could never afford to do anything as the jobs I have had since 1995 were mandatory accident drug testing. 2 were mandatory random drug testing.

Gina's job over the last 22 years was random drug testing as well. They draw your name out of a hat and send you to the clinic for a test, no matter what. You go when they send you.

Neither of us could afford to get get busted.

Interesting.

I'm not particularly interested in debating the pros and cons of recreational drugs. Over the years I find that the supporters of cannabis use tend to cite the alcohol industry to try to prove their point. Even if cannabis was legal here I wouldn't feel the need to consume it, and my drinking alcohol days are very very limited now as well. Alcohol in this society inflicts a terrible toll.

Personally I don't advocate that anyone should take alcohol or cannabis for that matter.

One other point, unfortunately Dublin's main thoroughfare where you were at Burger King is a haven for the addicts who's lives are blighted by drug abuse sadly.
Alcohol is not mind altering and it has been used for thousands of years. Remember that Christ turned water to wine. In the middle ages everyone drank wine necessarily because the water couldn't be trusted.

But pot is indeed a "gateway drug" and I have watched the progression far too many times for most people to imagine. I played Bass in rock bands and every other member of those bands and my younger brother died and every member of the band he played in died either from overdoses or the effects of hard drugs on the body. Every one of them started with pot. I have a nephew who became an addict starting with Pot and it lowers your IQ considerably. I have a cousin whom I imagined to be a little slow witted and he said "Duhhh, I use it every day." It is a medical fact that anyone that is under 17 years old that smokes it loses 10 IQ points instantly and permanently.

I couldn't care less what someone wants to do with their life but making your life harder than necessary so that you can pretend to be cool is pretty stupid. There is absolutely nothing that gives a more natural high than a good ride on a bicycle.

I completely agree with you - cycling has a positive impact on so many levels. I've seen it bring people together, improve their health, and even boost their mood. Have you ever tried installing bar end shifters or a new derailleur on your bike? Customizing components can really enhance the riding experience. I'm curious, what kind of components are you currently using on your Cannondale bike with a Shimano 105 rear derailleur (9 speed) and Campagnolo wheels (10 speed)? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the differences between Shimano and Campagnolo. Also, I'm planning to hang up my old Saeco frame as a decoration - do you have any suggestions on how to display it nicely?

Absolutely, I've observed similar outcomes in the cycling community. High-velocity techniques often lead to improvements, not setbacks. Glad to see others sharing this experience! :)