Cannabis...

Volnix said:
I hope you don't still have the same advertisement for it. :D

500-unknown666.jpg
look at that greedy white devil stuff his pie hole.

I think that society should let people have fun with whatever things they want to in the privacy of their own homes. You wanna get drunk - have at it. You wanna get buzzed on weed and chow down on a weeks worth of munchies afterwards - more power too ya. Feel like some E and then partaking on some swinging from the chandeliers freak sex - ace. Wanna make like Sherlock and make opium the drug of choice in your own private den then inhale away.

The people that partake of "fun stuff" whether it be booze, candy, weed, meth, etc... should fully accept the responsibility of their actions when drunk or high. Get caught driving buzzed on any of that stuff then it should be some time in the slammer. Accept that some places of work will not deem you suitable for employment if you fail a drugs test or blow anything other than a 0.00 on the booze-o-meter. I personally would like to see any offense committed whilst under the influence on anything, have the penalty at least doubled.

Hmmm...cannabis. Where do I start? I'm not too sure if weed is legal where I live, but it's pretty much legal. People smoke it everywhere outdoors. I guess it'll be dumb (and odd) to smoke in front of a cop, but other than that, everything goes. I'm also a huge fan of legalization because I don't consider weed a drug. My city also has numerous weed dispensaries.

I have smoked on and off over the past couple of years, but I don't consider myself a regular user.

We are on the brink of a new age my friend.
One where Mary Jane is on the same footing as alcohol. It is happening right now in the USA of all places.
I predict in 10 years you will be able to legally buy and smoke the stuff in most places world-wide.
You have all made great points as to why.
Don't forget about the negative effects.
I'm talking about the negative effects of prohibition, not of pot. So many people incarcerated because of simple possession. So much death in places like Mexico since the cartels battle over its profits. Why not make it legal and taxable. I would much rather smokers give their money to companies that could be in a pension fund rather than criminal organizations. Who should profit, my grandparents or some gangster.
For those of you talking about how it's a drug and its bad therefor it should be illegal. Look around you, Alcohol, caffeine, paracetamol so many things are legal and terrible. Leave the choice up to the individual.

I don't have an opinion either way on the subject but one thing does amuse me. For those of us in the USA it isn't legal. Not anywhere in any state county or city. Federal law supersedes local law. Unenforced and allowed by local government doesn't actually equal legal.

"I predict in 10 years you will be able to legally buy and smoke the stuff in most places "

That... sounds pretty good. :D

"Look around you, Alcohol, caffeine, paracetamol so many things are legal and terrible."

What is so "terrible" about caffeine?

About 97/100 of all violent crimes have occurred within 24 hours after the consumption of caffeine.

(Not to mention that its hard to patent and the foreign countries are making a fortune of it.)

So it should be made illegal. Put the users in forced social service or prison and throw in a couple of state run expensive rehab programs dispensing even more expensive caffeine substitutes made by the g-man's pharmaceutical company.

Plus every traitor, spy, commie is obviously using it so... Yeah.

Start the presses on and start rolling the propaganda films! :D

About 97/100 of all violent crimes have occurred within 24 hours after the consumption of caffeine.

(Not to mention that its hard to patent and the foreign countries are making a fortune of it.)

So it should be made illegal. Put the users in forced social service or prison and throw in a couple of state run expensive rehab programs dispensing even more expensive caffeine substitutes made by the g-man's pharmaceutical company.

Plus every traitor, spy, commie is obviously using it so... Yeah.

Start the presses on and start rolling the propaganda films! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObbLapUaZd4

Caffeine and booze, what more could we want in a culture? We are built on drunken stupors and maniacy.

CAMPYBOB said:
"Look around you, Alcohol, caffeine, paracetamol so many things are legal and terrible."

What is so "terrible" about caffeine?
Paracetamol? That must be acetaminophen in my corner of the world. I would say that acetaminophen is only terrible if you are to daft to follow instructions on the bottle, but hey, that's just my take on it. Maybe some people prefer to fry their liver in an overdose to cure a head ache.

Jcycle said:
Paracetamol? That must be acetaminophen in my corner of the world. I would say that acetaminophen is only terrible if you are to daft to follow instructions on the bottle, but hey, that's just my take on it. Maybe some people prefer to fry their liver in an overdose to cure a head ache.

Indeed... That's why I only do codeine and tiger balm. :p :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CBqHw-MS18

Cannabis can have a very negative effect - on people's wallets. That is pretty much it. While I don't smoke weed, I do not see any reason for it to be illegal whilst cigarette smoking is legal. Cigarettes are awful for human beings, especially relative to the almost exclusively positive effects of marijuana use. However marijuana can have negative effects on many people if it is abused, and also sometimes introduces people into drugs that are way worse. I do think it should be legal, however.

More than three grams is considered trafficking? I bought 7 grams less than a week ago and it's already gone. Where are you at?

Not to mention if you have a 5 gram joint in your pocket with just 0.3g of weed inside... Le cops will weigh the lot... :/

oh, the weed thing. It's bad. It causes drug dependence, turns us into slaves and unproductive people. Why try it for a temporary pleasure? It's not like alcohol. It has more devastating effects. I would keep away from it at all costs.