General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Canned Biscuits

Started by mwpart · · Last activity · 63 posts · 1,183 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 February 2006
Last activity
13 February 2006
Original author
mwpart
Posts
63
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,183
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 63
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Michael 'Dog3' Lonergan said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    mwpart said:

    A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the
    instructions said to bake until the biscuits were golden.

    Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry
    mix?


    I think they're called scones to folks from the UK and the rest of the
    Commonwealth. Biscuits to you are what we call cookies but biscuits to
    us are a sort of bread. Hope that's at least clearer than mud.

    George

    This thread is a very interesting read. I love hearing about foods


    another

    Quoted message said:

    country. Thanks George.

    George is an active regular on rec.food.preserving, Michael. He not only is
    a *very* avid gardener and home canner but he has also had LOTS of
    interesting tales to tell about this past hurricane season...

    He is kind of like the "Barb Schaller of Bayou Country"... :-)

    --
    Best
    Greg

  2. zxcvbob said:
    Old Mother Ashby said:

    I would never buy frozen scone dough. By weight it would almost
    certainly be more expensive, and would probably contain mystery
    substances as processed food does. Let's face it, making scones isn't
    exactly rocket science.

    Christine

    In principle, I agree with you. However, I used to be able to make
    really good biscuits (plain scones) but I'm out of practice. The
    frozen ready-to-bake biscuits are much better than the ones I make
    now, and at least as good as the ones I used to make when I was
    practiced at it. Damn them! (I think the frozen biscuits may have
    more shortening and a little more milk than homemade, and the dough
    doesn't fall apart just because it's frozen)

    * * *

    Bob's Buttermilk Biscuits

    2 cups flour, sifted
    2 tsp. double acting baking powder (I used Clabber Girl)
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. sugar (optional)
    5 Tbsp. margarine, cold
    3/4 cups cultured buttermilk, cold

    Preheat oven to 450°. Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Cut in
    the margarine with a pastry blender or your fingertips. Add the
    buttermilk, and stir to make a sticky dough. Turn out onto a floured
    countertop and knead quickly and briefly. Roll out 3/4" thick and cut
    out to make 10 to 12 biscuits. Place close together but not touching
    on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve
    hot.


    That sounds pretty good, though I have an aversion to baking with margarine.

    You're right about practice. My Aunt Ruby is 87 and still going strong -
    she's from Manangatang and they breed them tough in the Mallee. Her
    scones are legendary, she has no need to refer to a recipe, I could not
    say how many hundreds of thousands she must have made in the course of a
    lifetime. Mine will never be as good as hers.

    Christine

  3. "Jo Anne Slaven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:07:55 GMT, "mwpart" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the instructions
    said
    to bake until the biscuits were golden.

    Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry mix?

    You mean you don't have Pillsbury rolls in Australia!?!?! How in the
    world do you *exist*?!?!?

    Yes, it's "some sort of pastry mix". It's a tube, about 8" long and
    about 2 1/2" in diameter, full of pre-made, unbaked, biscuit dough.
    You bang the tube on the edge of the counter and it explodes open,
    then you take the dough pieces out, put them in a pan, and bake them
    for a short period of time.

    Can't believe you don't have something like that down there.

    Jo Anne

    It's weird, but I can recall my mum buying frozen scone dough at the
    supermarket when I was about 5 or so...form what she and I can remember,
    they were quite nice

    haven't seen them around for yonks though!
    Maria

  4. George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    The only place I ever was that I didn't like the food was Nepal. It's
    like the worse Indian food you ever ate only worse. <VBG> The scenery
    was spectacular though. My favorites are the Arab dishes I ate for so
    many years plus Greek, which is so similar but the tastes are a little
    different.

    George

    I have always wanted to go to Nepal. I have not made it yet ;( I have
    never been to Greece or Egypt. I love Greek food but I'm not sure I've
    ever had the real deal. In my old neighborhood we had (it's till there) a
    Greek restaurant. I went there a lot. I loved the Gyro meat they had
    roasting on a spit.

    When I traveled Europe in my teens I ate many of the local dishes. In
    England and Paris we stuck to the upscale restaurants and I was
    disappointed my parents had no interest in the local street cafes and pubs.

    The West Indies have excellent food also. A couple of restaurants in
    Jamaica had the *best* pepper pot soup I've ever eaten. They were locally
    owned and maintained by private family members. The fish was excellent
    also and always grilled or broiled served with amazing sauces. We always
    stayed in Ocho Rios but the parents spent mucho time at the club. I did
    too but I won't go into why <G>.

    St. Louis (where I live) has a big ethnic population. There are a ton of
    Thai places. Some good, some not so good. Seems like the more expensive
    they are the worse the food is.

    Well, I'm yammering on and I need to make my omelets.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  5. "Gregory Morrow"
    <[email hidden]> hitched up
    their panties and posted
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    Michael 'Dog3' Lonergan said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    mwpart wrote:

    > A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the
    > instructions said to bake until the biscuits were golden.
    >
    > Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of
    > pastry mix?
    >
    >
    I think they're called scones to folks from the UK and the rest of
    the Commonwealth. Biscuits to you are what we call cookies but
    biscuits to us are a sort of bread. Hope that's at least clearer
    than mud.

    George

    This thread is a very interesting read. I love hearing about foods


    another

    Quoted message said:

    country. Thanks George.

    George is an active regular on rec.food.preserving, Michael. He not
    only is a *very* avid gardener and home canner but he has also had
    LOTS of interesting tales to tell about this past hurricane season...

    He is kind of like the "Barb Schaller of Bayou Country"... :-)

    I'll have to get over there and taint the newsgroup 😉 George sounds
    like a very interesting person. Isn't Barb an avid supplier of info on
    preserving also? I like ABF a lot too. I spend a lot of time in ABF just
    looking at pics.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  6. "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and posted

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Oh, I'll clarify further, refrigerated biscuits are soft fluffy
    things. Not that there aren't biscuits I think of as scone-like, but
    the ones she's looking for are smooth and light.

    Am I wrong?

    Quoted message said:

    I had the same thought. Mayhaps we both be wrong ;(

    My hesitation comes from scones I've had are more like Bisquick style
    biscuits and canned are ... you know, softer. But sure as I say anything
    about scones, someone will pop up and say, oh, there are soft fluffy
    scones, too.

    Perhaps best if someone just posts a recipe for biscuits like the canned
    ones? Anyone? I'm not so big on making bread.

    nancy

    I buy canned biscuits but I'll also make my own. I use the pre-mix,
    Bisquick. I make them with cheddar and chives. Good eats 😉

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  7. Gregory Morrow said:
    Michael 'Dog3' Lonergan said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    mwpart wrote:

    >A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the
    >instructions said to bake until the biscuits were golden.
    >
    >Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry
    >mix?
    >
    >

    I think they're called scones to folks from the UK and the rest of the
    Commonwealth. Biscuits to you are what we call cookies but biscuits to
    us are a sort of bread. Hope that's at least clearer than mud.

    George

    This thread is a very interesting read. I love hearing about foods

    another

    Quoted message said:

    country. Thanks George.

    George is an active regular on rec.food.preserving, Michael. He not only is
    a *very* avid gardener and home canner but he has also had LOTS of
    interesting tales to tell about this past hurricane season...

    He is kind of like the "Barb Schaller of Bayou Country"... :-)

    I'm not as purty as Barb though. I'm also not a native of Louisiana, I'm
    a native Texan living in a third world state. Wife and I just realized
    that in 45 years of marriage we've lived the longest here in LA.
    Eighteen years in the same town, guess I've lost my Oil Field Trash
    designator now. No one is the equal of Barb IMHO.

    George

  8. "George Shirley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Gregory Morrow said:
    Michael 'Dog3' Lonergan said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    >mwpart wrote:
    >
    >
    >>A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the
    >>instructions said to bake until the biscuits were golden.
    >>
    >>Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry
    >>mix?
    >>
    >>
    >
    >I think they're called scones to folks from the UK and the rest of
    >the
    >Commonwealth. Biscuits to you are what we call cookies but biscuits
    >to
    >us are a sort of bread. Hope that's at least clearer than mud.
    >
    >George

    This thread is a very interesting read. I love hearing about foods

    another

    Quoted message said:

    country. Thanks George.

    George is an active regular on rec.food.preserving, Michael. He not
    only is
    a *very* avid gardener and home canner but he has also had LOTS of
    interesting tales to tell about this past hurricane season...

    He is kind of like the "Barb Schaller of Bayou Country"... :-)

    I'm not as purty as Barb though. I'm also not a native of Louisiana,
    I'm a native Texan living in a third world state. Wife and I just
    realized that in 45 years of marriage we've lived the longest here in
    LA. Eighteen years in the same town, guess I've lost my Oil Field
    Trash designator now. No one is the equal of Barb IMHO.

    Now THAT is a testimonial🙂)) I still reckon you are purty though
    George🙂

  9. MG said:

    "Jo Anne Slaven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:07:55 GMT, "mwpart" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the instructions
    said
    to bake until the biscuits were golden.

    Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry mix?

    You mean you don't have Pillsbury rolls in Australia!?!?! How in the
    world do you *exist*?!?!?

    Yes, it's "some sort of pastry mix". It's a tube, about 8" long and
    about 2 1/2" in diameter, full of pre-made, unbaked, biscuit dough.
    You bang the tube on the edge of the counter and it explodes open,
    then you take the dough pieces out, put them in a pan, and bake them
    for a short period of time.

    Can't believe you don't have something like that down there.

    Jo Anne

    It's weird, but I can recall my mum buying frozen scone dough at the
    supermarket when I was about 5 or so...form what she and I can remember,
    they were quite nice

    haven't seen them around for yonks though!
    Maria


    Okay, I'll bite, what are yonks? I have several friends in Oz but never
    saw that one.

    George

  10. "George Shirley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    MG said:

    "Jo Anne Slaven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:07:55 GMT, "mwpart" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    >A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the
    >instructions said
    >to bake until the biscuits were golden.
    >
    >Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry
    >mix?

    You mean you don't have Pillsbury rolls in Australia!?!?! How in the
    world do you *exist*?!?!?

    Yes, it's "some sort of pastry mix". It's a tube, about 8" long and
    about 2 1/2" in diameter, full of pre-made, unbaked, biscuit dough.
    You bang the tube on the edge of the counter and it explodes open,
    then you take the dough pieces out, put them in a pan, and bake them
    for a short period of time.

    Can't believe you don't have something like that down there.

    Jo Anne

    It's weird, but I can recall my mum buying frozen scone dough at the
    supermarket when I was about 5 or so...form what she and I can
    remember, they were quite nice

    haven't seen them around for yonks though!
    Maria


    Okay, I'll bite, what are yonks? I have several friends in Oz but
    never saw that one.

    Yonks = time.. ie a month🙂

  11. Michael 'Dog3' Lonergan said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    The only place I ever was that I didn't like the food was Nepal. It's
    like the worse Indian food you ever ate only worse. <VBG> The scenery
    was spectacular though. My favorites are the Arab dishes I ate for so
    many years plus Greek, which is so similar but the tastes are a little
    different.

    George

    I have always wanted to go to Nepal. I have not made it yet ;( I have
    never been to Greece or Egypt. I love Greek food but I'm not sure I've
    ever had the real deal. In my old neighborhood we had (it's till there) a
    Greek restaurant. I went there a lot. I loved the Gyro meat they had
    roasting on a spit.

    You gind the spits with roasting lamb, often mutton, occasionally beef,
    throughout various parts of European countries, all over the Middle
    East, and in roadside stands in some places. I bought one and brought it
    home with me in 1986, gas fired (propane). Used it for a couple of years
    and a local restaranteur bought it for his place. I visit it frequently.
    <VBG>

    Quoted message said:

    When I traveled Europe in my teens I ate many of the local dishes. In
    England and Paris we stuck to the upscale restaurants and I was
    disappointed my parents had no interest in the local street cafes and pubs.


    Sometimes you find excellent food at the local street cafes. Sometimes
    you end up worshipping at the porcelain throne. Luckily I'm very hardy
    and can eat most anything. Other Americans used to watch me buy food
    from street vendors in SE Asia with great horror but I got some good
    grub that way. Didn't care for the sundried squid with mustard sauce in
    Thailand though. The giant water beetles were crunchy but my wife
    forbade me eating any more of them due to the breath they gave me.

    Quoted message said:

    The West Indies have excellent food also. A couple of restaurants in
    Jamaica had the *best* pepper pot soup I've ever eaten. They were locally
    owned and maintained by private family members. The fish was excellent
    also and always grilled or broiled served with amazing sauces. We always
    stayed in Ocho Rios but the parents spent mucho time at the club. I did
    too but I won't go into why <G>.

    St. Louis (where I live) has a big ethnic population. There are a ton of
    Thai places. Some good, some not so good. Seems like the more expensive
    they are the worse the food is.

    Well, I'm yammering on and I need to make my omelets.

    Michael


    I had a small omelet for breakfast this morning, if DW hadn't decided to
    sleep in today she might have had one too. That will teach her to stay
    up until the wee hours watching some old tearjerker movie.

    George

  12. George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I had a small omelet for breakfast this morning, if DW hadn't decided
    to sleep in today she might have had one too. That will teach her to
    stay up until the wee hours watching some old tearjerker movie.

    George

    I had my omeletes this morning. Went to work and got sent home. I'm
    thinking lunch now. I might just make some mac 'n cheese. I am thinking
    tomatoes in it. Hmmm...

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  13. "Ophelia" <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "George Shirley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Gregory Morrow said:

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    >George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    >posted news:[email hidden]:
    >
    >
    >>mwpart wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the
    >>>instructions said to bake until the biscuits were golden.
    >>>
    >>>Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry
    >>>mix?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >>I think they're called scones to folks from the UK and the rest of
    >>the
    >>Commonwealth. Biscuits to you are what we call cookies but biscuits
    >>to
    >>us are a sort of bread. Hope that's at least clearer than mud.
    >>
    >>George
    >
    >This thread is a very interesting read. I love hearing about foods

    another

    >country. Thanks George.

    George is an active regular on rec.food.preserving, Michael. He not
    only is
    a *very* avid gardener and home canner but he has also had LOTS of
    interesting tales to tell about this past hurricane season...

    He is kind of like the "Barb Schaller of Bayou Country"... :-)

    I'm not as purty as Barb though. I'm also not a native of Louisiana,
    I'm a native Texan living in a third world state. Wife and I just
    realized that in 45 years of marriage we've lived the longest here in
    LA. Eighteen years in the same town, guess I've lost my Oil Field
    Trash designator now. No one is the equal of Barb IMHO.

    Now THAT is a testimonial🙂)) I still reckon you are purty though
    George🙂

    Personally I think ya' all are purty🙂 Barb and Margaret are 2 of my fave
    women on RFC. Great ladies.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  14. On Sat 11 Feb 2006 09:07:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
    "Dog3" Lonergan?

    Quoted message said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I had a small omelet for breakfast this morning, if DW hadn't decided
    to sleep in today she might have had one too. That will teach her to
    stay up until the wee hours watching some old tearjerker movie.

    George

    I had my omeletes this morning. Went to work and got sent home. I'm
    thinking lunch now. I might just make some mac 'n cheese. I am thinking
    tomatoes in it. Hmmm...

    Michael

    Why do they keep sending you home? Hmm... I've nver had tomatoes in mac
    'n cheese. Don't they get watery?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  15. "Ophelia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:QEnHf.100564>
    snip

    Yonks = time.. ie a month🙂

    That's nice to know. I always thought it meant an unmeasured time. For
    instance, we would say "I haven't see something in ages."
    Janet

  16. "Janet Bostwick" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Ophelia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:QEnHf.100564>
    snip

    Yonks = time.. ie a month🙂

    That's nice to know. I always thought it meant an unmeasured time.
    For instance, we would say "I haven't see something in ages."

    Yep it can mean that too. I first heard it years ago when I was with
    the RAF. It was a common saying among them. I never heard it is civvi
    life though

  17. Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> hitched up their panties
    and posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat 11 Feb 2006 09:07:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan?

    Quoted message said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I had a small omelet for breakfast this morning, if DW hadn't
    decided to sleep in today she might have had one too. That will
    teach her to stay up until the wee hours watching some old
    tearjerker movie.

    George

    I had my omeletes this morning. Went to work and got sent home. I'm
    thinking lunch now. I might just make some mac 'n cheese. I am
    thinking tomatoes in it. Hmmm...

    Michael

    Why do they keep sending you home? Hmm... I've nver had tomatoes in
    mac 'n cheese. Don't they get watery?

    You really have to drain the tomatoes and watch the moisture content in the
    sauce. I make a roux and do the sauce that way. The tomatoes (if drained
    well) will be okay in it.

    No one wants the flu at work. I've still got this [censored]. It is pissing me
    off. Almost been a week and keeping me from FOOD dammit.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  18. On Sat 11 Feb 2006 09:21:06a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
    "Dog3" Lonergan?

    Quoted message said:

    Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> hitched up their panties
    and posted news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat 11 Feb 2006 09:07:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan?

    Quoted message said:

    George Shirley <[email hidden]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email hidden]:

    > I had a small omelet for breakfast this morning, if DW hadn't
    > decided to sleep in today she might have had one too. That will
    > teach her to stay up until the wee hours watching some old
    > tearjerker movie.
    >
    > George

    I had my omeletes this morning. Went to work and got sent home. I'm
    thinking lunch now. I might just make some mac 'n cheese. I am
    thinking tomatoes in it. Hmmm...

    Michael

    Why do they keep sending you home? Hmm... I've nver had tomatoes in
    mac 'n cheese. Don't they get watery?

    You really have to drain the tomatoes and watch the moisture content in
    the sauce. I make a roux and do the sauce that way. The tomatoes (if
    drained well) will be okay in it.

    I'll have to give that a try.

    Quoted message said:


    No one wants the flu at work. I've still got this [censored]. It is pissing
    me off. Almost been a week and keeping me from FOOD dammit.

    Yes, our office has been full of it. I had it back at the first of the
    year. I was off work 4 days and should probably have been off longer. It
    does hang on. When people keep coming in sick, it just perpetuates it.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  19. Ophelia said:

    "George Shirley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    MG said:

    "Jo Anne Slaven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:07:55 GMT, "mwpart" <[email hidden]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >>A recipe called for canned biscuits (refrigerated) & the
    >>instructions said
    >>to bake until the biscuits were golden.
    >>
    >>Downunder our biscuits are ready to eat. Is it some sort of pastry
    >>mix?
    >
    >You mean you don't have Pillsbury rolls in Australia!?!?! How in the
    >world do you *exist*?!?!?
    >
    >Yes, it's "some sort of pastry mix". It's a tube, about 8" long and
    >about 2 1/2" in diameter, full of pre-made, unbaked, biscuit dough.
    >You bang the tube on the edge of the counter and it explodes open,
    >then you take the dough pieces out, put them in a pan, and bake them
    >for a short period of time.
    >
    >Can't believe you don't have something like that down there.
    >
    >Jo Anne
    >

    It's weird, but I can recall my mum buying frozen scone dough at the
    supermarket when I was about 5 or so...form what she and I can
    remember, they were quite nice

    haven't seen them around for yonks though!
    Maria

    Okay, I'll bite, what are yonks? I have several friends in Oz but
    never saw that one.

    Yonks = time.. ie a month🙂


    Mein Gott! Sounds like something a Geordie would say. I would have never
    thought of that definition.

    George

  20. Ophelia said:

    "Janet Bostwick" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Ophelia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:QEnHf.100564>
    snip

    Yonks = time.. ie a month🙂

    That's nice to know. I always thought it meant an unmeasured time.
    For instance, we would say "I haven't see something in ages."

    Yep it can mean that too. I first heard it years ago when I was with
    the RAF. It was a common saying among them. I never heard it is civvi
    life though


    What did you do in the RAF, hand crank the fighters.

    George, ducking and running

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.