"Cannibal" Simoni

Dave Carr

Guest
Il Gazzetta reports Simoni has provoked anger amongst other riders for attacking for the win again
today. "Cannibal" says the Gazzetta headline; "If he continues like this he will make many enemies,"
says 2nd place Pelizotti.

http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/speciali/giro2003/pp_1.0.43001197.html

I guess if you're strong they respect you, but don't push their face in it or they **** back. Too
bad they can't talk with the legs.

DC

"Dave Carr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Il Gazzetta reports Simoni has provoked anger amongst other riders for attacking for the win again
> today. "Cannibal" says the Gazzetta headline; "If he continues like this he will make many
> enemies," says 2nd place Pelizotti.
>
> http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/speciali/giro2003/pp_1.0.43001197.html
>
> I guess if you're strong they respect you, but don't push their face in it or they **** back. Too
> bad they can't talk with the legs.

If a professional cyclist humiliates or angers enough of his peers, eventually they will
make him pay.

Cycling is different than most other team sports in that all the teams are competing on the "playing
field" at the same time. In football, baseball, hockey, soccer, et al. you get one opponent at a
time - even then it's not a good idea to give the opponents "bulletin board material". In cycling,
it's different, they can gang up on one team or rider. Payback is a *****.

"Dave Carr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Il Gazzetta reports Simoni has provoked anger amongst other riders for attacking for the win again
> today. "Cannibal" says the Gazzetta headline; "If he continues like this he will make many
> enemies," says 2nd place Pelizotti.
>
> http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/speciali/giro2003/pp_1.0.43001197.html
>
> I guess if you're strong they respect you, but don't push their face in it or they **** back. Too
> bad they can't talk with the legs.

So what do they say about Petacchi? or Armstrong?

Eddy would be proud.

Jeff

The dope is making Simoni more nuts than it ever made Pantini.

> If a professional cyclist humiliates or angers enough of his peers, eventually they will make
> him pay.
>
> Cycling is different than most other team sports in that all the teams are competing on the
> "playing field" at the same time. In football, baseball, hockey, soccer, et al. you get one
> opponent at a time - even then it's not
> good idea to give the opponents "bulletin board material". In cycling,
it's
> different, they can gang up on one team or rider. Payback is a *****.

Here, here!

What did they have to say when Simoni was kicked out last year while sure to win?

If they can't talk with their legs then they ought to just shut up.

Here's hoping that Simoni wins the TT as well.

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dave Carr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Il Gazzetta reports Simoni has provoked anger amongst other riders
for
> > attacking for the win again today. "Cannibal" says the Gazzetta headline; "If he continues like
> > this he will make many enemies,"
says
> > 2nd place Pelizotti.

http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/speciali/giro2003/pp_1.0.43001197.html

> > I guess if you're strong they respect you, but don't push their
face
> > in it or they **** back. Too bad they can't talk with the legs.
>
> So what do they say about Petacchi? or Armstrong?
>
> Eddy would be proud.
>
> Jeff

[email protected] (Dave Carr) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Il Gazzetta reports Simoni has provoked anger amongst other riders for attacking for the win again
> today. "Cannibal" says the Gazzetta headline; "If he continues like this he will make many
> enemies," says 2nd place Pelizotti.
>
> http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/speciali/giro2003/pp_1.0.43001197.html
>
> I guess if you're strong they respect you, but don't push their face in it or they **** back. Too
> bad they can't talk with the legs.
>
> DC

from Daily Peloton: http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=3841

Simoni-"At the beginning of the stage, I wasn't thinking about winning today. But when the fireworks
started, I thought that it was time to go, and that I wanted to take back what had been taken away
from me (last year). So I didn't care about anyone else, I just walked my way and won. Last year
they (other riders) wanted me to leave the race, and today I took this win, that belongs to me,
nobody else but me. I didn't want to make any gift. Nobody did it to me. Neither did I want them to.
I don't like to steal victories. If anyone wants to win a stage, all he has to do is go fast".

After translating this story on freetranslation.com, I note that Frigo means "Refrigerator."

Four Frigos weigh barely more than one William Perry. --sk