Cannodale R1000 (~1995) frame question.

Shabby

New Member
Mar 13, 2003
I just bought a bike second hand, and there's what looks like a kink in the seatstay on the chainring side of the bike, as it attaches to the chainstay.

I was wondering whether this is normal for this frame, or have I been shafted by someone whose done a dodgy repair?

It's a white frame, probably circa 1995 or so, given that it's got 600 groupset on it.

If you mean where the seatstay is welded to the dropout, it could be an ugly weld. My C'dale (CADD3)
frame has a pretty lumpy weld at the dropout. - Bill "Shabby" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> I just bought a bike second hand, and there's what looks like a kink in the seatstay on the
> chainring side of the bike, as it attaches to the chainstay.
>
> I was wondering whether this is normal for this frame, or have I been shafted by someone whose
> done a dodgy repair?
>
> It's a white frame, probably circa 1995 or so, given that it's got 600 groupset on it.

>I just bought a bike second hand, and there's what looks like a kink in the seatstay on the
>chainring side of the bike, as it attaches to the chainstay. I was wondering whether this is normal
>for this frame, or have I been shafted by someone whose done a dodgy repair? It's a white frame,
>probably circa 1995 or so, given that it's got 600 groupset on it.

I'm pretty sure what you describe is normal for cannondales. The tubes they use are so fat that they
have to crimp them in that area to have enough room for the chainrings. Take a peek at another
cannondale and you should see the same thing.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

Shabby <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I just bought a bike second hand, and there's what looks like a kink in the seatstay on the
> chainring side of the bike, as it attaches to the chainstay.
>
> I was wondering whether this is normal for this frame, or have I been shafted by someone whose
> done a dodgy repair?
>
> It's a white frame, probably circa 1995 or so, given that it's got 600 groupset on it.

I just took a look at mine. It doesn't have a kink perse it is more of a taper. Both seatstays have
it. My Cannondake is also old with 600EX originally on it.

Originally posted by Alex Rodriguez
I'm pretty sure what you describe is normal for cannondales. The tubes they use are so fat that they have to crimp them in that area to have enough room for the chainrings. Take a peek at another cannondale and you should see the same thing. [/B]

Yep, that's what it's like. I guess in this case it looked a bit worse becuase the paint was starting to come off, and it looked like a dodgy weld and paint effort.

Thanks for the ressurance guys.