Cannonda CAAD7 R1000 or Guru Flite with Ultegra.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mhf, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Mhf

    Mhf Guest

    New rider wanting to race.

    The Guru Flite with full Ultegra hardware and the CAAD7 with mostly 105.

    Pretty much the same price. I am 6'2" and weigh 205Lbs

    What should I get?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Tx

    Tags:

  2. Crystal

    Crystal Guest

    Definitely the GURU... for the same price, you get a hand-crafted GURU frame and Ultegra which is
    more durable than 105! Just ask Jason Waddell.... his team is sponsored by GURU...

    Crystal

    "MHF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > New rider wanting to race.
    >
    > The Guru Flite with full Ultegra hardware and the CAAD7 with mostly 105.
    >
    > Pretty much the same price. I am 6'2" and weigh 205Lbs
    >
    > What should I get?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Tx

  3. Yes,

    I would have to say go with the GURU. Not only becasue they sponsor me and the team, but because
    they make great bikes.

    We have had no problems with them over the past 1.5 years.

    jason

  4. Eric Lambi

    Eric Lambi Guest

    My Guru (Starlite) is the nicest bike I've ever had. Extremely stiff though, which is nice sometimes
    and bad others (not that the cannondale won't be stiff too). I love the geometry . . . flies through
    corners. Weighs 16lbs w/ pedals.