Cannondale Adventure 400 vs Marin San Anselmo

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Michael D. Olson, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. Am getting ready to buy a new hybrid and am down to two bikes. The
    Cannondale Adventure 400 and the MArin San Anselmo. Like both of
    them, but am looking for some personal experience with either or both
    bikes to help make a decision. Anybody ourt there ridden/owned either
    of these two bikes?

    Tags:

  2. kazikmazik

    kazikmazik Guest

    "Michael D. Olson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Am getting ready to buy a new hybrid and am down to two bikes. The
    > Cannondale Adventure 400 and the MArin San Anselmo. Like both of
    > them, but am looking for some personal experience with either or both
    > bikes to help make a decision. Anybody ourt there ridden/owned either
    > of these two bikes?

    I have a Marin SanAnselmo and I like it a lot. The 48-38-28 chainring and
    11-30 cassette combination is perfect for the type of riding I do. Riding
    position fits me perfect as well. The only quirky thing is that I needed to
    put a N-Gear Jump Stop on the FD. The chain slid off the granny while
    shifting a few times and when the chain got jammed between the the granny
    and the bottom bracket, it was hard to free it without tools. The FD is low
    end and hard to adjust to get all possible combinations without some chain
    rub. I would still recommend it.