Cannondale Adventure 400 vs Marin San Anselmo

Michael D. Olson

Guest
Am getting ready to buy a new hybrid and am down to two bikes. The
Cannondale Adventure 400 and the MArin San Anselmo. Like both of
them, but am looking for some personal experience with either or both
bikes to help make a decision. Anybody ourt there ridden/owned either
of these two bikes?

"Michael D. Olson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Am getting ready to buy a new hybrid and am down to two bikes. The
> Cannondale Adventure 400 and the MArin San Anselmo. Like both of
> them, but am looking for some personal experience with either or both
> bikes to help make a decision. Anybody ourt there ridden/owned either
> of these two bikes?

I have a Marin SanAnselmo and I like it a lot. The 48-38-28 chainring and
11-30 cassette combination is perfect for the type of riding I do. Riding
position fits me perfect as well. The only quirky thing is that I needed to
put a N-Gear Jump Stop on the FD. The chain slid off the granny while
shifting a few times and when the chain got jammed between the the granny
and the bottom bracket, it was hard to free it without tools. The FD is low
end and hard to adjust to get all possible combinations without some chain
rub. I would still recommend it.