Cannondale Adventure EQ - any good?

Airlane1979

Mar 27, 2022
Does anyone have experience with this series? I want a step through bike with low maintenance. This has disc brakes and a single chainring, so less to go wrong in theory at least. I ride mostly in town and the occasional country lane, never more than ten miles out, so I don't mind that this is a bit heavier than some.

Attachments

• Cannondale Adventure EQ.jpg
    Cannondale Adventure EQ.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 3
If you want real low maintenance, look for belt-driven models. The belt drive lasts way longer than chain and doesn't require lubrication.

Reactions: Airlane1979
If you want real low maintenance, look for belt-driven models. The belt drive lasts way longer than chain and doesn't require lubrication.
I'm sure you are right. However, belt driven bikes are very expensive, very rare and usually quite heavy. This one is the best compromise I can find below £1000.

I'm sure you are right. However, belt driven bikes are very expensive, very rare and usually quite heavy. This one is the best compromise I can find below £1000.
I've actually seen some belt drive bikes around $1000 or probably below 1k pounds with Internal Gear Hub (IGH) 1x7 to 1x10 speed. They have become much cheaper nowadays due to increasing popularity.

But they're not Cannondales, nor Trek, nor Cannon but other cheaper brands. Can't remember the brands though. But I can bet you though a much cheaper belt drive bike would still be much less maintenance than a super expensive high end bike.

Belt drive bikes would only be 100 to 200 grams heavier or not more than 0.5 lbs. Only heavier by two quarter pounder burger sandwich compared to chain drive bike. I don't think that makes a bike quite heavy. In fact, the difference in weight is so tiny.

Reactions: Airlane1979
Thank you for that interesting reply. I'll look for more belt-drive bikes. Until I started looking for a new bike, I had not even heard of belt drive, let alone seen one.

Thank you for that interesting reply. I'll look for more belt-drive bikes. Until I started looking for a new bike, I had not even heard of belt drive, let alone seen one.

No problem! Yeah, belt drives are becoming more popular now especially among e-bikes.

Hey there! While that YouTube app sounds interesting, my passion lies in conquering tough terrains and challenging climbs. ‍♂️️ Keep on pedaling!