cannondale bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Aug 29, 2005.

  1. hello,
    this a question for the avid cannondale fan. i own about a 1999
    cannondale volvo mountain bike (replica race bike?). it has everything
    xtr, mavic rims, although it has v-brakes. it is in almost perfect
    shape. does anyone know how much it is worth. i cannot find it on ebay
    or find any pictures or reference to it on the net. maybe i can post
    pics(not sure how in this site), or send them to someone to identify
    model and year. thanks so much for your help. chris
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote:
    > hello,
    > this a question for the avid cannondale fan. i own about a 1999
    > cannondale volvo mountain bike (replica race bike?). it has everything
    > xtr, mavic rims, although it has v-brakes. it is in almost perfect
    > shape. does anyone know how much it is worth. i cannot find it on ebay
    > or find any pictures or reference to it on the net. maybe i can post
    > pics(not sure how in this site), or send them to someone to identify
    > model and year. thanks so much for your help. chris
    > [email protected]

    Well, I figure you get a $.05 deposit on returned cans....

    /s

  3. i said an AVID fan. but thanks.

  4. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On 29 Aug 2005 15:28:40 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    >i said an AVID fan. but thanks.

    More of a Tektro fan, myself.

    Ron

  5. ellis

    ellis Guest

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    >hello,
    >this a question for the avid cannondale fan. i own about a 1999
    >cannondale volvo mountain bike (replica race bike?). it has everything
    >xtr, mavic rims, although it has v-brakes. it is in almost perfect
    >shape. does anyone know how much it is worth. i cannot find it on ebay
    >or find any pictures or reference to it on the net. maybe i can post
    >pics(not sure how in this site), or send them to someone to identify
    >model and year. thanks so much for your help.

    When it rolls out the door, the price drops 20%. Then figure about 10% every
    year after that. This assumes it is well maintained. Otherwise the price
    drops much quicker.
    ---------------
    Alex

  7. On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:24:35 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >When it rolls out the door, the price drops 20%. Then figure about 10% every
    >year after that. This assumes it is well maintained. Otherwise the price
    >drops much quicker.

    Until it's 20 or so years old and still hasn't ended up in the city dump,
    and then it might go up slightly again. Unless it's a very special model
    that's also highly desireable. Most bikes, though, aren't collector's
    items. Not even with XTR or Dura Ace or Record on them.

    Jasper