cannondale bike

hello,
this a question for the avid cannondale fan. i own about a 1999
cannondale volvo mountain bike (replica race bike?). it has everything
xtr, mavic rims, although it has v-brakes. it is in almost perfect
shape. does anyone know how much it is worth. i cannot find it on ebay
or find any pictures or reference to it on the net. maybe i can post
pics(not sure how in this site), or send them to someone to identify
model and year. thanks so much for your help. chris
[email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
> hello,
> this a question for the avid cannondale fan. i own about a 1999
> cannondale volvo mountain bike (replica race bike?). it has everything
> xtr, mavic rims, although it has v-brakes. it is in almost perfect
> shape. does anyone know how much it is worth. i cannot find it on ebay
> or find any pictures or reference to it on the net. maybe i can post
> pics(not sure how in this site), or send them to someone to identify
> model and year. thanks so much for your help. chris
> [email protected]

Well, I figure you get a $.05 deposit on returned cans....

/s

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
>hello,
>this a question for the avid cannondale fan. i own about a 1999
>cannondale volvo mountain bike (replica race bike?). it has everything
>xtr, mavic rims, although it has v-brakes. it is in almost perfect
>shape. does anyone know how much it is worth. i cannot find it on ebay
>or find any pictures or reference to it on the net. maybe i can post
>pics(not sure how in this site), or send them to someone to identify
>model and year. thanks so much for your help.

When it rolls out the door, the price drops 20%. Then figure about 10% every
year after that. This assumes it is well maintained. Otherwise the price
drops much quicker.
---------------
Alex

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:24:35 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]>
wrote:

>When it rolls out the door, the price drops 20%. Then figure about 10% every
>year after that. This assumes it is well maintained. Otherwise the price
>drops much quicker.

Until it's 20 or so years old and still hasn't ended up in the city dump,
and then it might go up slightly again. Unless it's a very special model
that's also highly desireable. Most bikes, though, aren't collector's
items. Not even with XTR or Dura Ace or Record on them.

Jasper