Cannondale CAAD 7 (R2000)? Any good or not?

HandyAndy

Jul 29, 2003
I'm looking at buying a cannondale R2000(CAAD 7 frame with ultegra parts and Ksyrium SL Wheels)I was wondering if anyone has any bad experiences with this bike or any good experiences.I do race frequently and am looking at buying mavic cosmic carbons for flat races and time trials.I havent ridden cannondales before.
Any advice guys?

I recently bought the r2000, and my experiences to date, although limited, are very positive.

I am 6'3" and weigh about 205lbs, the frame is very stable and I haven't noticed any flexing even when up out of the saddle on climbs or sprints. The ride is a bit on the harsh side but I got used to that in the first hundred miles.

I am not a racer, just someone who enjoys riding with a group of friends, so I may not be as critical as you will be, but for what it's worth I love the bike.

Peter

The word on the CAAD7 frame is it is STIFF! If you weigh 150lbs or less, you might have your teeth rattled. However, if you 190 and up, it should be a pretty good ride.

I weight 240 and my LBS said that of all the bikes I have looked at, coveted, and drooled over, the CAAD7 Optima frame will be the best for me.

I have trh R1000 with the CAAD 7 frame, and am very happy with it. A bit stiff, but not that bad. With the components on an R2000, it's got to be nice.