Cannondale Caad4 Road Bike

Jasper Janssen wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:17:18 -0500, Kevan Smith <[email protected]/\/\> wrote:
>
> >I know this is really old news, but I just found out about Gilberto Simoni's final reason for
> >testing positive for cocaine -- Peruvian lozenges! What's even funnier is that the UCI accepted
> >his story.
>
> Is cocaine a performance enhancing drug? If not, what the hell does the UCI have to do with it?
>
> Jasper

An old blues song goes: "Coke's for horses, not for men... They say it's going to kill me but they
won't say when..." The idea being that it makes racehorses faster. Bernie

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]/\/\> wrote in message > >
> >>I know this is really old news, but I just found out about Gilberto Simoni's final reason for
> >>testing positive for cocaine -- Peruvian lozenges! What's
even
> >>funnier is that the UCI accepted his story.

Well Simoni has Dr. Marco Pallini and Dr. Andrea Andreazzoli working for the team, so if a guy like
me is doing Baxter Healthcare Corp's second generation genetically engineered hemogloblin
oxygen-carrying therapeutic biopharmaceuticl recombinant technology product that has been stolen
from the Baxter research divison in Neuchatel, Switzerland which is way more potent that their Phase
111crosslinked Hemoglobin product HemAssist(DCLHb) that we were using last season, then you can be
sure Simoni is blood doping at my level.

Ok, someone at your level of racing may still rely on HemAssist(DCLHb) but I really feel stronger on
the bike with Baxter's second generation recombinants.

I know Lance is really feeling great on the new stuff out of the Neuchatel lab!

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 05:21:43 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>I know Lance is really feeling great on the new stuff out of the Neuchatel lab!

Man, you are so with it! I still thought Neuchatel was cheese. Have you noticed how they are
starting to advertise EPO on television? I think if they do that, it must be safe, so they should
just remove it from the list of banned stuff.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace My uncle Murray conquered Egypt in 53 B.C.
And I can prove it too!!

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]/\/\> wrote in message

> how they are starting to advertise EPO on television? I think if they do that, it must be safe, so
> they should just remove it from the list of banned stuff.

This is the stuff us top riders are using at the moment, I'm not sure what all this really means, I
just copied the following from Amgen, but I sure know it really works for improving my riding! But
really, even Aranesp and RSR13 is second tier now, if you're not charging on stuff that is still in
only Phase I or Phase II clinical testing then you are not leading edge.

Aranesp® is an erythropoiesis stimulating protein, closely related to erythropoietin, that is
produced in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells by recombinant DNA technology. Aranesp® is a 165-amino
acid protein that differs from recombinant human erythropoietin in containing 5 N-linked
oligosaccharide chains, whereas recombinant human erythropoietin contains 3 chains (Egrie 2001). The
2 additional N-glycosylation sites result from amino acid substitutions in the erythropoietin
peptide backbone. The additional carbohydrate chains increase the approximate molecular weight of
the glycoprotein from 30,000 to 37,000 daltons. Aranesp® is formulated as a sterile, colorless,
preservative-free protein solution for intravenous (IV) or subcutaneous (SC) administration

Anyway, don't worry about all that Kevan, just use the damn stuff and then go out and hurt other
people on the bike, that's what's it's all about.

++++++++ restricted post++++++++
*********************************
******** CONFIDENTIAL *********
*********************************
++++++++ restricted post++++++++

Under direction from team Fassa Bortolo's Doctor Roberto Corsetti I've been using single dose 200mcg
vials using the Polysorate solution and also the Albumin solution Aranesp by injection this season.

He told me it stimulates erythropoiesis by the same mechanism as endogenous erythropoietin that the
pros were using last year and only the junior racers are still using this season.

I really don't know why all riders aren't doing this as it makes you all you can be!

If you need some contacts I have Lance's trainer Chris Carmichael and Lance's agent / lawyer Bill
Stapleton's cell phone number.

++++++++ restricted post++++++++
*********************************
******** CONFIDENTIAL *********
*********************************
++++++++ restricted post++++++++

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:48:29 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>Anyway, don't worry about all that Kevan, just use the damn stuff and then go out and hurt other
>people on the bike, that's what's it's all about.

All that stuff was way over my head. And it was spelled funny.

>If you need some contacts I have Lance's trainer Chris Carmichael and Lance's agent / lawyer Bill
>Stapleton's cell phone number.

I'm still on a muscle-building cycle so I'm doing a stack of testosterone cypionate for muscle gain
along with clenbuterol as a fat cutter. To increase hemoglobin, I'm just supplementing with
sublingual Fe and sleeping in a hypobaric chamber. I don't really have to worry about dope testing
right now, so really, the sky's the limit.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace YOW!! The land of the rising SONY!!
12:23:26 AM 8 June 2003

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]/\/\> wrote in message
> All that stuff was way over my head. And it was spelled funny.

Same here, but just abuse it like I do and you will be riding to your full potential.>

> I'm still on a muscle-building cycle so I'm doing a stack of testosterone cypionate for muscle
> gain along with clenbuterol as a fat cutter. I don't really have to worry about dope testing right
> now, so really, the sky's the limit.

Kevan, forget the muscle-building ****, right now! I thought you were a cyclist? Look at pros like
Wadecki, Leoni, Azevedo, and Me, we look like real cyclists, and not like those lame gym creeps,
tri-geeks, and mountain bikers.

It's almost the middle of June now, us real cyclicts MUST have NO upper body mass! Anything else is
unacceptable!

Don't worry about the doping tests, right now even the anti-doping lab at Chatenay-Malabry is unable
to pick up the latest biopharmaceuticl recombinants that we are abusing!

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Don't worry about the doping tests, right now even the anti-doping lab at Chatenay-Malabry is
> unable to pick up the latest biopharmaceuticl recombinants that we are abusing!

Kevan, just to be on the safe side I have to ask you if you are under the guidance of a
Medici sportivi like I am, pros like Me and Bruseghin have team Doctors like Roberto Corsetti
keeping us fit.

If you're going to be having fun with the latest erythropoietin recombinants you should be well
aware that last Tuesday good ol Salanson riding for team Bonjour/Brioches la Boulangère died from a
heart attack in his hotel room just before the start of the Deutschland Tour. As well, the pro rider
Denis Zanette died this year from sudden heart failure.

Salanson's team director told me to make very sure I'm going heavy on thrombolytic agents and
anticoagulants like Heparin taken intravenously and oral use of Warfarin.

So Kevan, have fun with the recombinants, but make VERY SURE you're doing lots of subcutaneous
Heparin injections!

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:14:10 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>Kevan, forget the muscle-building ****, right now! I thought you were a cyclist? Look at pros like
>Wadecki, Leoni, Azevedo, and Me, we look like real cyclists, and not like those lame gym creeps,
>tri-geeks, and mountain bikers.
>
>It's almost the middle of June now, us real cyclicts MUST have NO upper body mass! Anything else is
>unacceptable!

Duh! The mass building is for my quads and calf muscles. I'd give the latin names, but I wasn't
really paying close attention when the trainer was jabbering on. Why can't they just give the shot
and like shut up? No one cares that they can say words like gasrockneefus or whatever. The fat
cutting is for my upper body; they tell me the goal is to have like .1% body fat in my arms. I'm not
even supposed to get things down from a high shelf.

>Don't worry about the doping tests, right now even the anti-doping lab at Chatenay-Malabry is
>unable to pick up the latest biopharmaceuticl recombinants that we are abusing!

Well, I'm not racing this season, so I don't have to worry anyway. If all goes to plan, I'll be
making my debut in the pro peloton next February in some thankless support role.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I'm having a RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE ... and I
don't take any DRUGS

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:01:00 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>Kevan, just to be on the safe side I have to ask you if you are under the guidance of a
>Medici sportivi like I am, pros like Me and Bruseghin have team Doctors like Roberto Corsetti
>keeping us fit.

I just have some trainer guy who comes in and give me a shot and some pills and jabbers away a mile
a minute with all these big words that sound important. I think he's German or something. His name
-- ****. I think his name rhymes with tingly or something. We just call him Joe.

>If you're going to be having fun with the latest erythropoietin recombinants you should be well
>aware that last Tuesday good ol Salanson riding for team Bonjour/Brioches la Boulangère died from a
>heart attack in his hotel room just before the start of the Deutschland Tour. As well, the pro
>rider Denis Zanette died this year from sudden heart failure.

Well, sucks to be them. That sort of thing won't happen to me. It's always some other guy. I'm too
fit right now.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Okay ... I'm going home to write the "I HATE
RUBIK's CUBE HANDBOOK FOR DEAD CAT LOVERS" ...

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]/\/\> wrote in message
> I'm too fit right now.

So was Salanson over on team Brioches la Boulangere up until he died last Tuesday, but Jean Rene
Bernaudeau and Thierry Bricaud weren't keeping a close enough watch on his Heparin injections to
keep the biopharmaceutical recombinants under control.

Just make sure you get on a team like CSC, they have Luigi Cecchini who will keep your perfromance
enhancements under close watch, just look what he has done for Tyler Hamilton and Geert Van Bondt!

And you don't think Bjarne Riis who is the manager there won the '96 TdF just because he lost all
that weight and trained hard over the winter? Back in '96 I envied those guys riding for team
Telekom as they were at that time really leading edge for abusing Pharmaceuticals.

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 05:44:20 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>really leading edge for abusing Pharmaceuticals.
^^^^^

I think your spill checker messed up on "testing" there.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace This TOPS OFF my partygoing experience!
Someone I DON'T LIKE is talking to me about a HEART-WARMING European film ...

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

I envied those
> guys riding for team Telekom as they were at that time really leading edge for abusing
> Pharmaceuticals.

My pharmacist can beat your pharmacist.

So there.

best, Andrew

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:59:35 GMT, <[email protected]>, "Andrew Price"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
> I envied those
>> guys riding for team Telekom as they were at that time really leading edge for abusing
>> Pharmaceuticals.
>>

>My pharmacist can beat your pharmacist.
>
>So there.
>
>best, Andrew

Let's get real. Your "pharmacist" can't beat Fab's *veterinarian*. The man is a cycling animal.
--
zk

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:12:31 -0700, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> from Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd.
Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:

>Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:59:35 GMT, <[email protected]>, "Andrew Price"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>> I envied those
>>> guys riding for team Telekom as they were at that time really leading edge for abusing
>>> Pharmaceuticals.
>>>

>>My pharmacist can beat your pharmacist.
>>
>>So there.
>>
>>best, Andrew
>>
>Let's get real. Your "pharmacist" can't beat Fab's *veterinarian*. The man is a cycling animal.

You know if a guy like Zoot Katz can compliment a guy like Fabrizio Mazzoleni, then someone
complimenting someone else has occurred. OR something, what? Anyway, just ride harder.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace It was a JOKE!! Get it?? I was receiving
messages from DAVID LETTERMAN!! YOW!!

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> .ca...

> Let's get real. Your "pharmacist" can't beat Fab's *veterinarian*. The man is a cycling animal.

That's my brother-in-law you're referring to, but he's doing large animal care in some hick town in
the Kootneys now and isn't keeping up with all the goodies that he use to FedEx out to me.

Anyway, remember that old saying about that stated, you can't make a race horse out of an old (
whatever the heck an old horse is called) just by druging the damn thing? You will only get results
by doping a horse that's competitive to start with.

Guys like me are abusing biopharmaceutical DNA recombinants and crosslinked Erythropoietin
Hemoglobin products only to level the playing field, we are super on the bike to begin with, the
goodies just bring us to our full potential.

You don't really suppose the Directeur Sportif Urs Freuler is going to depend on Oscar Camenzind
being competitive against guys like me just by training and good diet when Phonak Hearing Systems
has poured six million euros into the team this year?

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:58:19 -0700, <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
Keats) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Anyway, remember that old saying about that stated, you can't make a race horse out of an old (
>> whatever the heck an old horse is called)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I believe the word you want
> is "plug".
>

>cheers, Tom

I scooped a "plug" bike Sunday. I got home and remembered I'd forgot to get a key cut. I went to the
local place but he didn't have the right blank. Safeway didn't have any KeyLime Sherbet so it was a
dud trip until I spotted two blue bikes set out with the trash.

I brought home a 24" Lady's SS city bike. It was missing the saddle and seat post, the handlebars,
front fender and misc. bits. Had a few years garage rash but was relatively clean. Korean and
English lettering, maybe made in China. Sunkyong Bellady

It's got a full chain-guard, white-wall 1 3/8" (37-540) tires and Woods valves. The brackets for a
front mount bottle generator and proprietary rack are empty. The chrome hub brake has a rod attached
to a spring loaded bell crank under the BB. The chrome steel rod kickstand lifts the rear wheel off
the ground and swings out behind like a bumper.

It, the fender stays and presumably the rack supports are all attached with the axle nut. Removing
the rear wheel from the fork ends is involved. It looks like putting it back together again was
beyond the capabilities of whomever took it apart.

I scrubbed up the tires in the tub, lubed the hubs and headset. Put it together with shop stuff and
wondered about its possible futures. It's got some good chopper potential and would be desirable
among smaller members of the cruiser set too. Swoopy tubes and stays makes it pretty.

It really needs a front fender, either white to match the rear, or an OCB pair of shinney metal used
ones. If I can hack 26" fenders, it will be easier to accomplish.

The embossed metal head badge was what I scrounged for a future rendition of joe-bike. It's a green
and gold laurel wreath with a red outlined black banner on which is embossed, in gold, "SMART".

Googling 'smart bicycle' hits card swipe white-bike schemes. hehehe
--
zk

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I scooped a "plug" bike Sunday. I got home and remembered I'd forgot to get a key cut. I went to
> the local place but he didn't have the right

Zoot, what the heck are you going on about?

Can't you stay on topic? Look at the heading of this thread, it doesn't say anything about some
girly bikes, and quit talking about chain-guards and kickstands.

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:36:51 -0700, <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
wrote: \snip
>I like it. "SMART" could almost be a nice, succinct bike sticker. Let ppl go nutz trying to figure
>out what it's an acronym of.

Well, if a bunch of surreptitiously applied "STUPID" stickers started appearing on cars, the "SMART"
stickers on bikes would be self-explanatory. \snip
>What an exotic find. Maybe you'll find another that has stuff this one's missing, and is missing
>what this one has. It would be curiosity-satisfying to see what kind of stock handlebar it had --
>sounds like it might be something really stylish. Sounds like it already has many creative
>possibilities.

Last year I spoke with a small oriental woman who had an all white bike like it but hers had all the
accessories.

I used the handlebar off a Polish lady's bike. It's a softer shallower bend and smaller, though
similar to, the North Road pattern. It looks almost right so it might be the brake levers. Martin at
BikeWorks has an Asian-market lady's city bike I'll have to examine more closely.

It's kinda like this but single speed so it has a full chain guard.
http://www.samchuly.co.kr/english/product/produc_sub.html?bcode=12

The tires aren't a commonly found size so it's likely to remain somewhat exotic. The dynamo bracket
is on the right (wrong) fork leg.

The scale of the bike would look great with a dino on a kid's saddle.
--
zk

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:15:45 GMT, <[email protected]>, The somewhat
curious "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> asked:

>"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>> I scooped a "plug" bike Sunday. I got home and remembered I'd forgot to get a key cut. I went to
>> the local place but he didn't have the right
>

>Zoot, what the heck are you going on about?
>
>Can't you stay on topic? Look at the heading of this thread, it doesn't say anything about some
>girly bikes, and quit talking about chain-guards and kickstands.

So whaddaya figger? Chrome or white fenders? Blue or white grips? Are sparkles still in? I used
white cable housing to match the tires!

You're always talking about your training rides so you're the guy to ask about training
wheels, right?

Where can I get some of those stiff mylar flip-up streamers like the pros use so it looks like
they're always going fast?
--
zk

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message .ca...
>> So whaddaya figger? Chrome or white fenders? Blue or white grips? Are
> sparkles still in? I used white cable housing to match the tires!

What the?

Are you talking about the TCR Composite Gold Giant that ONCE-Eroski mechanics Luis Diaz de Otazo and
Joaquin Pozueta built up at the Giant factory in Lelystad Holland last year during a special
presentation that Manolo Saiz and Giant's sports marketing director manager Tom Davies set up?

And I remember when team manager Manolo Saiz met with Wina Smeenck who is Giant's European are
director and they went over some details of the final graphics for the frame at a meeting in the
Schiphol airport.

Anyway, Me and Gonzalez de Galdeano sure did those frames justice last season.