Cannondale CAAD5 Mountain BB shell?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jon Bond, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it needs a 73mm bb, 'cause then I
    don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to, and he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a feeling
    its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna measure, but if anybody knows off the top of their
    head that'd be cool.

    Jon Bond

    Tags:

  2. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it
    needs
    > a 73mm bb, 'cause then I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to, and he won't have to buy a
    > new BB. I have a feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna measure, but if anybody
    > knows off the top
    of
    > their head that'd be cool.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Er, kinda wrong newsgroup, but the question still exists. Ignore the "taking the XT crankset" part.

    Jon Bond

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    It's a '68... Mr. Bond

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it
    > needs
    > > a 73mm bb, 'cause then I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to,
    and
    > > he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna
    > > measure, but if anybody knows off the
    top
    > of
    > > their head that'd be cool.
    > >
    > > Jon Bond
    >
    > Er, kinda wrong newsgroup, but the question still exists. Ignore the "taking the XT
    > crankset" part.
    >
    > Jon Bond

  4. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    Damn. Thanks!

    Jon Bond

    "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It's a '68... Mr. Bond
    >
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it
    > > needs
    > > > a 73mm bb, 'cause then I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to,
    > and
    > > > he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's
    > > > gonna measure, but if anybody knows off the
    > top
    > > of
    > > > their head that'd be cool.
    > > >
    > > > Jon Bond
    > >
    > > Er, kinda wrong newsgroup, but the question still exists. Ignore the "taking the XT
    > > crankset" part.
    > >
    > > Jon Bond

  5. indeed it is

    "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... It's a '68... Mr. Bond

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it
    > needs
    > > a 73mm bb, 'cause then I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to,
    and
    > > he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna
    > > measure, but if anybody knows off the
    top
    > of
    > > their head that'd be cool.
    > >
    > > Jon Bond
    >
    > Er, kinda wrong newsgroup, but the question still exists. Ignore the "taking the XT
    > crankset" part.
    >
    > Jon Bond

  6. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    Jon Bond wrote:
    > Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it needs a 73mm bb, 'cause then
    > I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to, and he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a
    > feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna measure, but if anybody knows off the top
    > of their head that'd be cool.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    As others have said, it's a 68. I couldn't tell from your post which way you were going, but you can
    use a 73 in a 68 -- just add a spacer on the drive side. IF, the length is ok...

    David