Cannondale CAAD5 Mountain BB shell?

Jon Bond

Guest
Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it needs a 73mm bb, 'cause then I
don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to, and he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a feeling
its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna measure, but if anybody knows off the top of their
head that'd be cool.

Jon Bond

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:g_4La.38630$XG4.25362@rwcrnsc53...
> Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it
needs
> a 73mm bb, 'cause then I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to, and he won't have to buy a
> new BB. I have a feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna measure, but if anybody
> knows off the top
of
> their head that'd be cool.
>
> Jon Bond

Er, kinda wrong newsgroup, but the question still exists. Ignore the "taking the XT crankset" part.

Jon Bond

It's a '68... Mr. Bond

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p_4La.38634$XG4.25018@rwcrnsc53...
> "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it
> needs
> > a 73mm bb, 'cause then I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to,
and
> > he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna
> > measure, but if anybody knows off the
top
> of
> > their head that'd be cool.
> >
> > Jon Bond
>
> Er, kinda wrong newsgroup, but the question still exists. Ignore the "taking the XT
> crankset" part.
>
> Jon Bond

Damn. Thanks!

Jon Bond

"Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It's a '68... Mr. Bond
>
> "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it
> > needs
> > > a 73mm bb, 'cause then I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to,
> and
> > > he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's
> > > gonna measure, but if anybody knows off the
> top
> > of
> > > their head that'd be cool.
> > >
> > > Jon Bond
> >
> > Er, kinda wrong newsgroup, but the question still exists. Ignore the "taking the XT
> > crankset" part.
> >
> > Jon Bond

indeed it is

Jon Bond wrote:
> Anybody know? My friend it taking the XT crankset, I'm just hoping it needs a 73mm bb, 'cause then
> I don't have to find somebody to sell my bb to, and he won't have to buy a new BB. I have a
> feeling its 68, call it a "Murphonian hunch". He's gonna measure, but if anybody knows off the top
> of their head that'd be cool.
>
> Jon Bond

As others have said, it's a 68. I couldn't tell from your post which way you were going, but you can
use a 73 in a 68 -- just add a spacer on the drive side. IF, the length is ok...

David