Cannondale Caad8 Frame?

Jcyclist said:
Best alluminum racing frame?

Strong candidate. Others might throw a vote or two to the Eddy Merckx Scandium frame, but you can get a nice carbon frame for what the Merckx costs.

Jcyclist said:
Best alluminum racing frame?
It's damn near impossible to say x-brand frame is the best (insert material name) frame, b/c it's such an inexact science.

But, the CAAD8 or 9 frames are just about the best aluminum frames around.

When you're taking aluminum, Cannondale certainly has plenty of experince making bike frames. People talk about a harsh ride, but CAADs have ovalized seat stay tubes and wishbone seat stay designs that really smooth out a ride. Like most things, don't judge something based on 20 year old info such as the traditional straight tube frames. I've ridden my C'dale on 100 milers as well as racing crits and it performs well in both arenas.

Giggity, giggity.

padawan said:
Does nobody like the Cervelo Team Soloist? I rank it with the CAAD 8.
I loved mine although having never ridden one (CAAD 8) I can't compare it to the CAAD 8. I imagine it's heavier than the CAAD 8 but obviously more aero. As far as ride quality the Soloist Team comes as close to carbon as any bike I've ever been on.

Bianchi FG lite, Soloist, caad 8, avanti team corsa, merckx scandium. You could add the dogma if were talking "non carbon".

A lot of pro's prefer aluminium over carbon still.

badkarma said:
It's damn near impossible to say x-brand frame is the best (insert material name) frame, b/c it's such an inexact science.

But, the CAAD8 or 9 frames are just about the best aluminum frames around.
Stewie says,

quagmire is right.

It is all about personal preference. there are so many factors, for example

Ride quality, price, stiffness, looks, weight, geometry, brand, aerodynamics etc etc.

My vote goes to either the
BMC SL01 (wow, who would have guessed :p) for stiffness,
Cervelo Soloist Team, for aero,
C'dale CAAD for the balance,
Bianchi FG Lite, for weight,
De Rosa Merak, for looks,

it could go on and on, there is a different one for each category.