Cannondale Caad9 Forum - The Best Aluminium Bike Built?

Kitwalker73

Feb 29, 2008
Is it just my lack of experience or exposure to different types of bikes, but I find the CAAD9 a superior bike that can be compared to alot of other frames 4 times the price. Got mine set up with Ksyrium ES wheels and Dura Ace Group Set with other carbon components. The push over the years to carbon bikes was for 2 reasons....lighter and a plusher ride....If set up correctly the CAAD9 can tick both of these boxes off. Reading reviews on roadbikereview had a theme of the "rigid" ride that may not be suitable for rides 50km plus.....can i say i regularly do 120km plus (80miles) with no major fatigue.....not bad for a novice rider only riding for 10 months and weighing 100kg.....so even with this weak rider, THIS BIKES ROCKS!

THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED A CAAD9 PLEASE POST....WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU !!:)

Can't speak for the CAAD9, but I picked up a CAAD8 last year and it's a joy to ride. I am yet to feel any discomfort at all, and the ride is snappy. I knew it would be stiff and fast, but I had no idea how rock solid it was in high speed turns. All this performance and still century ride comfort to boot. Have fun with your CAAD9.

My 2006 CAAD8 rides as good as any of my carbon bikes. Can't beat it with a stick.

It's apparently the best aluminum bike built for your needs. Does anything else matter?

They're probably great but there are probably a number of frames that perform as well - or better in some areas and worse in others that equal a balance of as good for less $. Cannondales aren't cheap.

I have two Felt F80 full aluminium frames that I'm more than happy with. My training one(still with original alloy steerer fork) I've done about 18 000kms on and my race one I put a full carbon fork on = excellent and lighter:) .
Both I got very cheaply - 1 as new & 1 new.

Kitwalker73 said:
Is it just my lack of experience or exposure to different types of bikes, but I find the CAAD9 a superior bike that can be compared to alot of other frames 4 times the price. Got mine set up with Ksyrium ES wheels and Dura Ace Group Set with other carbon components. The push over the years to carbon bikes was for 2 reasons....lighter and a plusher ride....If set up correctly the CAAD9 can tick both of these boxes off. Reading reviews on roadbikereview had a theme of the "rigid" ride that may not be suitable for rides 50km plus.....can i say i regularly do 120km plus (80miles) with no major fatigue.....not bad for a novice rider only riding for 10 months and weighing 100kg.....so even with this weak rider, THIS BIKES ROCKS!

THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED A CAAD9 PLEASE POST....WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU !!:)

If it means you will, like Eddy says, 'ride lots', then it is the bike for you. How a bicycle 'feels' is Subjective with a capital 'S'. Go ride.