Road Cycling · Public discussion

Cannondale Company, Info ???

Started by Thomas Wentworth · · Last activity · 5 posts · 513 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
2 October 2005
Last activity
6 October 2005
Original author
Thomas Wentworth
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
513
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy, I
    looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
    something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

    I can't seem to figure this out.

    I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

  2. "Thomas Wentworth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o7_%e.7914$794.6796@trndny01...

    Quoted message said:

    After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy, I
    looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
    something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

    I can't seem to figure this out.

    I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

    It was old news from a few years ago, brought on by their motorsports
    division.

  3. "di" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:qd_%e.8508$P34.1042@okepread07...

    Quoted message said:


    "Thomas Wentworth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o7_%e.7914$794.6796@trndny01...

    Quoted message said:

    After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy,
    I looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
    something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

    I can't seem to figure this out.

    I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

    It was old news from a few years ago, brought on by their motorsports
    division.

    So, Cannondale is still in business? Still making great bicycles?

  4. Thomas Wentworth said:

    After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy, I
    looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
    something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

    I can't seem to figure this out.

    I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

    Googling with keywords "cannondale bankruptcy" yields some interesting
    reading.

  5. In article <ri_%e.7915$794.1152@trndny01>,

    Thomas Wentworth said:

    "di" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:qd_%e.8508$P34.1042@okepread07...

    Quoted message said:


    "Thomas Wentworth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o7_%e.7914$794.6796@trndny01...

    Quoted message said:

    After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy,
    I looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
    something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

    I can't seem to figure this out.

    I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

    It was old news from a few years ago, brought on by their motorsports
    division.

    So, Cannondale is still in business? Still making great bicycles?

    Hell, still sponsoring my bike team.

    A precis: Cannondale got into trouble with a foray into ATVs and
    motorcycles. Basically, they went bankrupt because they weren't as good
    at motorcycles as they were at bicycles.

    The ownership got bought out in the bankruptcy, but the new owners
    basically just shed the motorsports part of the company, and retained
    the bicycle bit, which never stopped being profitable. There was almost
    no discontinuity.

    That was several years ago, and Cannondale is doing just fine.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.