Cannondale F3000 SL

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Stromberg, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stromberg

Stromberg Guest

I recently bought a barely used Cannondale F3000 SL (2002) and I would like some tips on replacing
    componotents in order to make it lighter/stronger. The usual parts that take wear fastest (tires,
    chain, rings, ..(?)) seem to be pretty plush still. The bike has default components throughout
    right now.

My riding style is sort of soft and calculated and I am yet to actually brake any compononet of a
    bike in seven years of riding, if that is something to take into consideration regarding weight
    vs. strengt.

Thanks for all suggestions.

MA.

Norway

Tags:

2. MTBScottie

MTBScottie Guest

stromberg <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I recently bought a barely used Cannondale F3000 SL (2002) and I would like some tips on replacing
    > componotents in order to make it lighter/stronger. The usual parts that take wear fastest (tires,
    > chain, rings, ..(?)) seem to be pretty plush still. The bike has default components throughout
    > right now.
    >
    > My riding style is sort of soft and calculated and I am yet to actually brake any compononet of a
    > bike in seven years of riding, if that is something to take into consideration regarding weight
    > vs. strengt.
    >
    > Thanks for all suggestions.
    >
    >
    > MA.
    >
    > Norway

Does your bike seem heavy to you now? I was just looking at the specs of your bike, and can't
    believe it can be all that heavy, unless the euro versions have drastically different componets. If
    you must though, wheels/tires, cranks, handle bars and seat posts are areas to look into.

3. Superslinky

Superslinky Guest

stromberg said...

> I recently bought a barely used Cannondale F3000 SL (2002) and I would like some tips on replacing
    > componotents in order to make it lighter/stronger. The usual parts that take wear fastest (tires,
    > chain, rings, ..(?)) seem to be pretty plush still. The bike has default components throughout
    > right now.
    >
    > My riding style is sort of soft and calculated and I am yet to actually brake any compononet of a
    > bike in seven years of riding, if that is something to take into consideration regarding weight
    > vs. strengt.
    >
    > Thanks for all suggestions.

Are you serious? If the 2002 model is anything like the 2003 I saw on Cannondale's web site, it
    already has top of the line components throughout, and is very light. If you have one of these in
    like new condition, then ride it until something breaks, then fix it. If you just have money to
    burn, then you could get some Egg beater triple Ti pedals for $300+ (probably much more in Norway).
    The WTB Rocket V Laser saddle is very light (195g) and comfortable. Tires are always a good place to
    start looking to save weight, but if they are tubeless, your selection will be limited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.