Cannondale F600 as a first bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Juan Bustillo, May 14, 2003.

  1. Hello

    I would like some feeback on the F600. I am new to the sport but I want to buy a descent bike and
    not regret I had bought another model.

    Regards

    Juan Bustillo

    Tags:

  2. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    Juan Bustillo wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I would like some feeback on the F600. I am new to the sport but I want to buy a descent bike and
    > not regret I had bought another model.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Juan Bustillo

    I started on a Cannondale F1000 and, for me, this was a great starting bike.

    HOWEVER, before you settle on the F600 (which is a good bike)... Go to several bike shops. Talk to
    the sales people about what you want and how you ride. Compare their answers and see which ones are
    trying to work with you vs. trying to sell the stuff on the floor / giving you hype instead of
    experienced answers. Ask about after sales support: free tune-ups for how long, free installation of
    components that you buy from them, priority treatment when you bring your bike in, etc. Ride lots of
    bikes. See which ones fit you and feel good. Choose the bike the fits the best from the dealer that
    seems the most likely to work with you and give you good after-sales support. Decide what components
    you want to upgrade (typically the seat and to a stem that's fits you, and maybe a seatpost
    suspension), and what other add-ins you want (helemt, water bottles, hydration pak, small emergency
    trail tool kit, tire patch kit, pump, presta adapter...). You can usually get a better deal on these
    at the time of the sale (ie, you can usually get a good discount to close the sale).

    Enjoy your new ride!

    David

  3. "Juan Bustillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello
    >
    > I would like some feeback on the F600. I am new to the sport but I want to buy a descent bike and
    > not regret I had bought another model.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Juan Bustillo

    You'll probably be happy with the Cannondale, but my experience seems to indicate that Cannondale's
    are a little more expensive than other similarly equiped bikes. Cannondale will tell you the frame
    is better, I don't know. Put another way, you can spend the same amount of money on something else
    and perhaps get a better shock or brakes or drive train, or some combination on all three. Having
    said that, my wife has a 10 year old Cannondale F400 which I continue to upgrade because she like
    the frame so much. She only weighs 110 lbs and it has been a good bike for her.

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove .nospam. if replying)