Cannondale frame exchange

jonwil28

Sep 22, 2010
Should I accept Cannondale's offer of a 6 carbon frame in exchange for my 2007 6/13 frame which is corroding at the cf/ aluminium junctions. I believe that the corrosion is purely cosmetic and is something I could live with if the exchange was going to be a retrograde step.

Any experience or opinions anyone?

How do you figure that it's a retrograde step?

The Six carbon uses similar carbon to the Six13 and is better engineered. Just because the Six13 may have been the top of the line Cracknfail frame at the time, doesn't make it better than because the 'regular' Six carbon is second in line to the Hi-Mod SuperSix.

It appears they are offering you this frame because the SIX13 is no longer in production. Luckily they did not offer the CAAD9 that would be retrograde. I would take it based on your current frame is showing signs of corrosion at the critical joining of the carbon and aluminum. Cannondale most likely is not comfortable with the corrosion being cosmetic if they were no frame exchange would be offered.

Originally Posted by davereo .

.......Cannondale most likely is not comfortable with the corrosion being cosmetic if they were no frame exchange would be offered.
+1 Cannondale wouldn't make the offer if they weren't concerned about the corrosion.

My brother just had his 2 year old white six frame replaced by Cannondale with the 6 carbon, it was cracking around the rear stays. The new frame looks great, matt grey and white and is a great ride. I think he hopes it fails and he gets a new frame every two years. Ask them if they will give/sell you the old frame.

Thanks for all your responses. As it's a lifetime warranty I'll probably hang on to the 6/13 a little longer and see how the corrosion develops