cannondale frame, forks and headset

roadcyclist101

Sep 28, 2005
Hi - this may sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know about how compatible forks etc are with different frames. I broke my cannondale frame (CAAD 5 with carbon forks) and am thinking of buying an aluminium frame on the internet. The site tells me that the new frame:

"- Accepts 1" Threadless (Ahead) forks
- Accepts 1" Ahead (threadless) headset"

Does anyone know if this is compatible with my Cannondale forks and headset?? I don't have a clue.

Thanks

artmichalek

Sep 15, 2004
roadcyclist101 said:
Hi - this may sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know about how compatible forks etc are with different frames. I broke my cannondale frame (CAAD 5 with carbon forks) and am thinking of buying an aluminium frame on the internet. The site tells me that the new frame:

"- Accepts 1" Threadless (Ahead) forks
- Accepts 1" Ahead (threadless) headset"

Does anyone know if this is compatible with my Cannondale forks and headset?? I don't have a clue.

Thanks
Measure the outside diameter of the steerer tube on your fork. It's going to be either 1" or 1 1/8". Also measure the length of the head tube on your Cannondale. If the head tube length on the new frame plus the stack height of the headset and spacers adds up to more than what you had before, you're going to need a new fork.