Cannondale Hardtail w/Shimano XT, Rock Shox

scolinc

New Member
Sep 24, 2004
...And here goes another one of my bikes..... This 18" frame, Cannondale has been a work horse of mine for several years for both commuting and mountain biking. I've replaced it and my road bike with a cyclocross bike because I do more commuting than road or mountain biking. I thought it a fitting end to strip it down to bare aluminum and give it a fresh coat of epoxy primer and basecoat/clearcoat of PPG paint. As you see it, it weighs only 24 pounds. I installed shim adapters to change the headset/fork stem size from the oddball 1 1/4" to the standard 1 1/8" size. The frame is in excellent condition, no dents, cracks, or gouges. Aside from the hubs and cassette, which are LX components, it is fully XT equipped, and they are all in excellent condition. The wheels have never gone out of true since the day I bought them and the sidewalls are still in great shape. The both sets of (semi-slick and MTB) tires have most of their tread left. This bike needs nothing other than a set of pedals and bar ends (neither included) and maybe a new saddle because the black is worn around the edges, but not torn.

See more pictures and information by going to;

Asking $460. If you can't pick it up locally, shipping is only $55 extra thru UPS.

Contact Scott at scolicATdrizzleDOTcom change the AT and DOT to symbols.

The bike is located on Bainbridge Island, Washington.

cside.jpg

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:41:01 +1100, scolinc
<[email protected]> wrote:

>*...AND HERE GOES ANOTHER ONE OF MY BIKES..... THIS 18\" FRAME,
>CANNONDALE HAS BEEN A WORK HORSE OF MINE FOR SEVERAL YEARS FOR BOTH
>COMMUTING AND MOUNTAIN BIKING. I'VE REPLACED IT AND MY ROAD BIKE WITH A

Please--turn off your caps lock. All caps is considered SHOUTING, bad
manners and hard to read.

No flame intended--someone had to clue me in too!

The caps lock wasn't on. As I'm viewing it through cyclingforum.com where I posted it, it looks normal (upper/lower case), then I looked at it through the newsgroup, and I see what you mean. I made the mistake of cutting and pasting from the web site I set up for the bike though, and should have changed the font to something less bold. Thanks for pointing it out Guy.

Cheers,
Scott