Cannondale Headshok Service Help

mcpofthenavy

New Member
Nov 27, 2003
I am trying to service my Headshok(Fatty Ultra) and was wondering if anyone had a service manual or any tips on tearing it down. I have looked on Cannondale's website and haven't found anything very useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for helping out.

Cannondale's website only has the owner's manuals for their forks. The only service info the manuals speak of is that you should take the fork to be serviced by a Cannondale dealer every 40 hours. So I guess what I'm looking for is the instructions Cannondale gives to their dealers that gives the low down on the insides of the fork. Thanks for your help

what do you think needs to be serviced? the cartridge or the needle bearings? if you send me a valid
email address, i'll send you what I have ... assuming you have a broadband connection as they are
about 3 meg files.

charlie

On 8 Dec 2003 02:30:37 +1050, mcpofthenavy <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am trying to service my Headshok(Fatty Ultra) and was wondering if anyone had a service manual or
>any tips on tearing it down. I have looked on Cannondale's website and haven't found anything very
>useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for helping out.

RE/
>only service info the manuals speak of is that you should take the fork to be serviced by a
>Cannondale dealer every 40 hours.

What is it with the people who put out instructions like that?

Lawyers? Every 40 hours?? That's every month or two for a lot of people....and I can't imagine it's
done while somebody waits or it's free - more likely the bike's out of service for several days and
the cost is at least fifty bucks.

Ergo, virtually nobody follows such instructions - yet most people don't have problems.... Why do
they even waste the ink?
--
PeteCresswell