Cannondale is bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I have heard about Cannondale's impending demise. Sad. This means that a bunch
more Western Pennsylvanians will be unemployed. "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Jon Isaacs <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >>Another victim of Walmart's success. Even Schwinn has given up the
ghost
> > >>and put their bikes in Walmart stores.
> > >
> > >Cannondale's Bankruptcy has nothing to do with Walmart or even with
their
> > >bicycle division. It is the result of an silly venture into the
motorcycle
> > >market. They lost big time there.
> >
> > Going into the motorcycle market in itself wasn't silly, doing it incompetently was.
> >
> > Cannondale shouldn't have started by making their own engines (suzuki is quite happy to sell
> > good engines to anyone, and a number of other makers could have been persuaded). They compounded
> > that error by making their engine wierd just to be wierd, which added a lot of development and
> > debug time. Their pre-production bikes got great press but there was a long delay before
> > production got going, and sales went elsewhere. Then their QC sucked. Bikes broke left and
> > right, causing a number of recalls. While they were busy trying to make a bike that would run
> > right, KTM and Yamaha caught up and passed them with reliable lighter and faster four-strokes.
> >
> > Cannondale didn't stop at shooting themselves in the foot, they kept blasting away until there
> > was only a stump remaining.
> >
> >
> > Eric
> >
> >
>
> Don't forget that when they did compete in racing they chose series that no one has ever heard of
> like Mototard and open class motos. If you ever see either of those things on ESPN you know hell
> has frozen over. If they could have make something for the 125 or 250 class riders they might have
> had some press, then again I don't know if the bike blowing up in ever moto on live TV would be
> that great for business anyway. I really think that whoever ownes/operates the company was looking
> for a tax writeoff or was dying of something and had no one to leave the business to.
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

In article <[email protected]>, Dave Cook <[email protected]> wrote:
>This is the first I have heard about Cannondale's impending demise. Sad. This means that a bunch
>more Western Pennsylvanians will be unemployed.

Already are, sent home before xmas, happy holidays. Then not hired back.

--Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.