Cannondale 'Lefty' Mudguard & Computer Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quinkster

Hi All!

Just got a Jekyll 900 'Siemens' bike. Great (apart from the Shimano chain that was scrap from the
start - not good on a £2k bike!) Can anyone tell me if there is a full front mudguard available for
a Lefty? The dealer told me there isn't which I find surprising............some one must do one?
(Crud Catchers don't count!)

Also, I appreciate that a wireless computer poses a challenge on lefty equipped bikes. Again, any
advice out there? I need a computer for a fulfilling life!!!

Thanks all and a Happy New Year!!!!

Quinkster

Quinkster wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Just got a Jekyll 900 'Siemens' bike. Great (apart from the Shimano chain that was scrap from the
> start - not good on a £2k bike!) Can anyone tell me if there is a full front mudguard available
> for a Lefty? The dealer told me there isn't which I find surprising............some one must do
> one? (Crud Catchers don't count!)

Won't the THE fenders work with a lefty?

>
> Also, I appreciate that a wireless computer poses a challenge on lefty equipped bikes. Again, any
> advice out there? I need a computer for a fulfilling life!!!

The Vetta V100 wireless is meant to be mounted on the left side of a fork, so it should work on a
lefty. I have the V100HR model with cadence and it works quite well..

>
> Thanks all and a Happy New Year!!!!
>
>
> Quinkster

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

I have a vetta v100 ,.. originally it was a "remote" ... but the distance down to the bottom of the
lefty was too great... and would not work... so i went to the regular harness.. you put the sensor
as low as possible on the lefty and glue a magnet on the rotor..

and yes for the front mud fender... it takes a special adaptor that is available from the same
company.... SKS shockboard.. I have the carbon fiber fender.

charlie

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:25:50 +0000, Quinkster <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>Just got a Jekyll 900 'Siemens' bike. Great (apart from the Shimano chain that was scrap from the
>start - not good on a £2k bike!) Can anyone tell me if there is a full front mudguard available for
>a Lefty? The dealer told me there isn't which I find surprising............some one must do one?
>(Crud Catchers don't count!)
>
>Also, I appreciate that a wireless computer poses a challenge on lefty equipped bikes. Again, any
>advice out there? I need a computer for a fulfilling life!!!
>
>Thanks all and a Happy New Year!!!!
>
>
>Quinkster

computer - I use a Sigma BC 1600 that attaches to the disc tube of my Martas - vv neat. On my other
one I put the receiver on the fork and the mavic magnet on the disc - XTR disc tube exits on the
wrong side of the calliper. I don't bother with the mudguard.

Nick

"Quinkster" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:quink-
[email protected]...
> Hi All!
>
> Just got a Jekyll 900 'Siemens' bike. Great (apart from the Shimano chain that was scrap from the
> start - not good on a £2k bike!) Can anyone tell me if there is a full front mudguard available
> for a Lefty? The dealer told me there isn't which I find surprising............some one must do
> one? (Crud Catchers don't count!)
>
> Also, I appreciate that a wireless computer poses a challenge on lefty equipped bikes. Again, any
> advice out there? I need a computer for a fulfilling life!!!
>
> Thanks all and a Happy New Year!!!!
>
>
> Quinkster

Status
Not open for further replies.