Cannondale or Specialized?

swampy1970 said:
Awww, poor didums can't take the fact that he can't figure out a simple thing like "why some bikes are stiff" and takes to further name calling.

I wasn't insulting your mother - I was sympathizing with her. Pity you couldn't figure that one out either.

And I sympathize with the mutt that pushed you out...

mistakes1.jpg

GT Fanatic said:
Yep, you're one of Alienator's inbreeded sheep...

Just noticed that I had an 'infraction' regarding my post prior to this response...

Inbreeded? Huh? What language did that word come from.

Inbred.

I see my comments might have been spot on. :p

swampy1970 said:
Just noticed that I had an 'infraction' regarding my post prior to this response...

Inbreeded? Huh? What language did that word come from.

Inbred.

I see my comments might have been spot on. :p

Wow, imagine that, it only took you how long before you noticed?

I see my comments were spot on. :p

Don't fret, you'll get over it.

I read all the posts in this thread and I found them all entertaining if somewhat confounding. It was interesting to see how a casual remark provoked an annoyed reply and how the decibel level rose with each post (quite a feat for text). I've been in such pissing contests myself and always wonder how I got into them in the first place. I'm just glad you guys don't have nuclear weapons.

Quote: Originally Posted by hyperliterate .
I read all the posts in this thread and I found them all entertaining if somewhat confounding. It was interesting to see how a casual remark provoked an annoyed reply and how the decibel level rose with each post (quite a feat for text). I've been in such pissing contests myself and always wonder how I got into them in the first place. I'm just glad you guys don't have nuclear weapons.

This thread is internet forum gold. If not for your comment, it may have remained buried forever.

The holes we dig, oy vey!

I don't want to wade through an old thread. What was the bottom line: BreakNFail or Special Ed?

I joke. Really. I like both brands. Just regurgitating bike shop humor.

mpre53 said:
I don't want to wade through an old thread. What was the bottom line: BreakNFail or Special Ed? I joke. Really. I like both brands. Just regurgitating bike shop humor.
You mean "CrackNFail".

Quote: Originally Posted by alienator .

You mean "CrackNFail".

I'm not sure when welded aluminum frames made their debut but when I got into cycling the only alu frames being used professionally were bonded or glued. I seem to remember more than once one of Central Park's random Boathouse bike hecklers giving that brave adventurous soul who picked one of the "new" Cannondales a hard time about his crackendale or crackenfail, all in good fun of course.

Aluminum's just like them Virginia Slims. You've come a long way, baby.

Quote: Originally Posted by danfoz .

I'm not sure when welded aluminum frames made their debut but when I got into cycling the only alu frames being used professionally were bonded or glued. I seem to remember more than once one of Central Park's random Boathouse bike hecklers giving that brave adventurous soul who picked one of the "new" Cannondales a hard time about his crackendale or crackenfail, all in good fun of course.

Aluminum's just like them Virginia Slims. You've come a long way, baby.

I've had frames of steel, aluminum, and carbon (titanium isn't on the radar for me). The only frame that failed on its own, without any help from a car, was an aluminum GT. But other aluminum frames have held up. Just one of those things. I don't know who made their frames--possibly Kinesis. Generally good frames. It can happen with any brand.