cannondale/psylo fork?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David Hoover, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. David Hoover

    David Hoover Guest

    I have a Cannondale Beast of the East frame I bought around 1995. I have a Rock Shox Psylo fork that
    came off a 2003 Enduro Comp. Will the fork fit the frame? The fork is here in Kona, Hawaii but the
    bike is in eastern Wyoming so I have no way of knowing what head diameter is on the Cannondale.
    Please enlighten me.

    David Hoover.

    Tags:

  2. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    "David Hoover" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Cannondale Beast of the East frame I bought around 1995. I have a Rock Shox Psylo fork
    > that came off a 2003 Enduro Comp. Will the fork fit the frame? The fork is here in Kona, Hawaii
    > but the bike is in eastern Wyoming so I have no way of knowing what head diameter is on the
    > Cannondale. Please enlighten me.

    Cannondale uses a large diameter head tube to accomodate their headshoks, but you can buy an
    aftermarket headset such as the Cane Creek DoubleX that will allow you to install a standard 1 1/8"
    fork. (about $90) So, that being possible, the only remaining variable is the steerer length on the
    Psylo. If it's cut too short, you're out of luck.

    -John Morgan

  3. David Hoover

    David Hoover Guest

    Yes, I thought about the length of the tube. As I recall, my Cannondale has a very long head tube
    (the frame is an extra large). I'll have my sweetheart measure it for me in Wyo. The Cannondale came
    with the "Pepperoni" non shock fork. Is this fork still oversized?

    Seems like $90 for the headset adapter, new brake fittings, new stem, new????????????? Maybe just
    cheaper to UPS the Enduro back to Wyo for the month and give the
    Psylo fork to some needy kid.

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:L4RJa.78969$%[email protected]...

    > "David Hoover" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a Cannondale Beast of the East frame I bought around 1995. I have a Rock Shox Psylo fork
    > > that came off a 2003 Enduro Comp. Will the fork fit the frame? The fork is here in Kona, Hawaii
    > > but the bike is in eastern Wyoming so I have no way of knowing what head diameter is on the
    > > Cannondale. Please enlighten me.
    >
    > Cannondale uses a large diameter head tube to accomodate their headshoks, but you can buy an
    > aftermarket headset such as the Cane Creek DoubleX that will allow you to install a standard 1
    > 1/8" fork. (about $90) So, that being possible, the only remaining variable is the steerer
    > length on the
    > Psylo. If it's cut too short, you're out of luck.
    >
    > -John Morgan

  4. > Maybe just cheaper to UPS the Enduro back to Wyo for the month and give
    the
    > Psylo fork to some needy kid.

    I'm a needy kid!

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  5. David Hoover

    David Hoover Guest

    As the gun fighter in the movie Shane would say: "Prove it."

    "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Maybe just cheaper to UPS the Enduro back to Wyo for the month and give
    > the
    > > Psylo fork to some needy kid.
    >
    > I'm a needy kid!
    >
    > --
    > Phil, Squid-in-Training

  6. >Cannondale uses a large diameter head tube to accomodate their headshoks, but you can buy an
    >aftermarket headset such as the Cane Creek DoubleX that will allow you to install a standard 1 1/8"
    >fork. (about $90) So, that being possible, the only remaining variable is the steerer length on the
    >Psylo. If it's cut too short, you're out of luck.
    >
    >-John Morgan

    Nope. The Beast wasn't offered with a headshok. It was rigid only. And, depending on the year, had
    either a 1", 1.25", or 1.125 steerer.

    This was the woodsy bike with a high bottom bracket and wicked squirrelly handling. They're really
    fun for slow speed stuff in the woods, but over about 15mph, they're not much fun.

    My advice would be keep it rigid and run the biggest damn front tire that will fit. A Gaz 2.3 at
    about 20 psi would be a hoot on that bike.

    Cheers,

    -Andrew

  7. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "David Hoover" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yes, I thought about the length of the tube. As I recall, my Cannondale has a very long head tube
    > (the frame is an extra large). I'll have my sweetheart measure it for me in Wyo. The Cannondale
    > came with the "Pepperoni" non shock fork. Is this fork still oversized?

    It's 1 1/4 inches.