Thinking about purchaseing this bike, just after general opinions on it. Is it a good bike, i'm looking at doing 1-200 miles per week and also olympic distance triathlons. Also does anyone know the approximate weight of this bike???
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
cANNONDALE R1000
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 27 February 2005
- Last activity
- 27 February 2005
- Original author
- Scotty1981
- Posts
- 2
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,627
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I bought the '04 caad7 about two months ago. If you don't mind getting the caad7 instead of caad8 and the ultegra 9 instead of the new ultegra 10, then you can get EXCELLENT deals on the '04s that are still around right now since the 05's are dominating the shelves. In my opinion, this bike is excellent bang for the buck, with the ultegra group set and mavic ksyrium elites. The only potential problem is the cannondale omega brake calipers. I have read quite a few reviews that talk about their poor performance due to a loose spring somewhere. I agree they look cheap but haven't had bad performance yet. We'll see. Anyway, it's easy enough to replace brake calipers. Everything else is ultegra. I've been a cannondale rider for a while and I have never felt like their frames are "too stiff" like some people do. This bike feels very comfy to me and also very stiff and responsive during climbs and acceleration. Overall, I'm happy so far (weather has only been good enough to ride it a few times so far). I wish there weren't quite as many cannondale decals on the damn thing though. That's a little over the top. Oh well. I love the bike so far.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.