Cannondale R1000 2005 model

HotLips

Jan 27, 2005
Hello, not sure if anyone heard much about this bike but if so what do you think of the 2005 Cannondale CAAD 8 R1000 Optimo bike with ultegra group set and ksyrium elite wheels, inc carbon forks and seat post. Can get for AU$3500

I think it's a great bike, just ordered one myself today. Very nice to ride, although I dont have much to go by as i'm only just getting into the sport.

HotLips said:
Hello, not sure if anyone heard much about this bike but if so what do you think of the 2005 Cannondale CAAD 8 R1000 Optimo bike with ultegra group set and ksyrium elite wheels, inc carbon forks and seat post. Can get for AU$3500

If you're in Meblourne, there's a 2nd hand shop called Bicycle Recycle who have about eight 2nd hand Cannondales, and i think one is a CAAD 8

Hi Hotlips and Scotty1981

it's been a month, how's your bike guys? coz I've been thinking to get Can R1000 also so I would like to hear both your opinnion about the bike. ex like what is/are the advantage/disadvantage of this bike? what part/components do you guys upgrade to? etc.

do you guys compare this bike with any other bike? ex. giant, learsports, trek, felt maybe?

Do you guys think that the price could go lower than $3500? I won't buy it until of course I test the bike for a ride first and until around June/July (end of financial year :p) Hope to get more cheaper or other accessories like computer, bottle of water, helmet, etc

Thank's in advance :D
Haris White
Gold Coast - Brisbane

Okay, so I'm about a year late looging into this discussion but I have decided on the '05 R1000 for my first road bike since my first 10 speed in the early 70's (thats dating myself). I have been logging a minimum of 200 miles a week on my MTB and I figure its about time. I got a really good deal, $1600, on a new '05. I'm looking forward to cutting down on my century time and plan on using it to train for an Ironman next year. I understand that it is a very versatile bike and I am already a Cannondale enthusiast. How are you enjoying your purchase?

DaleCannon said:
Okay, so I'm about a year late looging into this discussion but I have decided on the '05 R1000 for my first road bike since my first 10 speed in the early 70's (thats dating myself). I have been logging a minimum of 200 miles a week on my MTB and I figure its about time. I got a really good deal, $1600, on a new '05. I'm looking forward to cutting down on my century time and plan on using it to train for an Ironman next year. I understand that it is a very versatile bike and I am already a Cannondale enthusiast. How are you enjoying your purchase?
You got a new 05 R1000'for $1600 ? well done. Was this a once off special and what state are you in? :eek:

DaleCannon said:
You got a new 05 R1000'for $1600 ? well done. Was this a once off special and what state are you in? :eek:

cycleski said:
$1600 US, is that good? I don't know how that converts in New Zealand, I just love my bike. If you are in Chicago I can tell you where to get one too but they don't ship them and are closing out on their 05 models.

cycleski said:
$1600 US, is that good? I don't know how that converts in New Zealand, I just love my bike. If you are in Chicago I can tell you where to get one too but they don't ship them and are closing out on their 05 models.

DaleCannon said:
That explains it, I was thinking in A$, that model goes for about A$3000 when on sale here. Your $1600US would be about A$2100, size of the market and being local manufacture for you help keep the price right. Still a good bike and a big change from your mtb on the road, enjoy it. :)

DaleCannon said:
That explains it, I was thinking in A$, that model goes for about A$3000 when on sale here. Your $1600US would be about A$2100, size of the market and being local manufacture for you help keep the price right. Still a good bike and a big change from your mtb on the road, enjoy it. :)