Cannondale R1000 vs Custom Klein QX PRo

zoepup

Mar 8, 2006
Hey.. first off.. thanks to a great forum. Hats off to all of you. I do a lot of indoor training and not enough outdoor. I want to change that this year. I am not a cyclists. Just a person who loves to ride to get and stay fit.
I have a chance at a leftover '05 Cannondale R100 in bbq black. Sweet.

Or.. for another $800 I could get a custom painted Klein QXpro. Both have ultegra. The Klein will have carbon bars.I am large (built like a linebacker) and the wheels I chose were Mavic Cosmics (over the Elites). Hoping they would hold up better.

Both these bikes look great. The Klein, of course, is just a bit sweeter. Ride might be about the same. Any comments? LBS would put me on either.

Thanks!

Z

Been on a Klein Q Pro Carbon for 3 seasons. Can't rave about it any stronger.

Mine is a custom built Klein/Klein not a Trek/Klein. Does that make it better? Heck if I know! Some people seem to think that mass produced versus small batch produced bikes are different, not sure if I buy it. One of the reasons I like it, besides the primary reason of an awesome ride, is that there are tons of Trek 5000, 5200, 5500s out there whereas Kleins are a bit plentiful. Cannondale makes some great rides and I have been looking at an all AL CAAD8 are a new project (never replace the Klein though).

Bottom line is nobody can tell you what bike to buy, there are so many top quality frames out there. All I'm stating is the Klein is fantastic and I have been very pleased with it.

capwater,

thanks for your reply. I agree that there are tons of Treks and Cannondales on the road (not a bad thing). Sometimes the need to be a bit different can drive me. I guess I just need to weight the $600-$800 difference. I do like the lines on the Klein.

zoepup said:
capwater,

thanks for your reply. I agree that there are tons of Treks and Cannondales on the road (not a bad thing). Sometimes the need to be a bit different can drive me. I guess I just need to weight the $600-$800 difference. I do like the lines on the Klein.

Count me in the happy Klein owner's club - look at all the people in this photo admiring my bike as I rode by: