Cannondale R1000

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by wag, May 19, 2005.

1. wag

wag New Member

I am about to upgrade my road bike. I do a bit of club racing and at this stage I am leaning towards the new CAAD8 Cannondale R1000...... Anyone have any thoughts on this bike? I have heard some bad press about the Mavic Ksyrium Elite's? Should I look at a Carbon frame?

Tags:

2. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

3. pase

pase New Member

anyway, yes its a decent bike and their prices have come down a fair way since cannondale have 2 carbon offerings

its super stiff so make sure you like that kinda thing, but accordingly, its pretty quick. the kysrium elites are one of the most popular wheelsets going round so you cant go too wrong with them

if its a good buy, then go for it. make sure you test ride it first, maybe compare it to something with carbon stays and then full carbon just to get a feel for the differences.

4. HotLips

HotLips New Member

I have the CAAD 8 R1000, and find it a good bike, and feels good. I have not ridden too many others, but for price i think it is one of the best in its range. Its the same frame as most sponsored teams use (as carbon too light), and is reasonbly stiff, with the carbon forks removing some vibration at the front end.

The bike is good enough to race at all levels, and is a well trusted brand, and if you look after it, it will serve you well. At the end of the day, a 10k bike will not get you to A Grade any faster then a 4k bike.

Just make sure it fits, and you feel comfy on it.:)