Cannondale R2000 v Pinarello Galileo

renny

Sep 23, 2003
Assuming the same grupo and wheels, how do these bikes compare. I am a 5'5'', 135 lb rider. What frame would work best for me? I do group rides and an occassional triathlon. Thanxjavascript:smilie(':confused:')

I have not ridden the pinarello, but I do ride a r2000.

I am 6'2", 205lbs and the bike fits me really well. The ride is firm, I don't find it harsh as some other people have done. It is a very responsive bike, I love it although being a newbie I have only put about 500 miles on it in the last 6 weeks.

Peter

Originally posted by petersta
I have not ridden the pinarello, but I do ride a r2000.

I am 6'2", 205lbs and the bike fits me really well. The ride is firm, I don't find it harsh as some other people have done. It is a very responsive bike, I love it although being a newbie I have only put about 500 miles on it in the last 6 weeks.

Peter
Thanks for your response. I like both bikes but for different reasons. It is like comparing a Lexus with a Mercedes.

I have not ridden the R2000. However, I do have a Cannondale CAAD 3 frame that I like very much. I also have a Pinarello Galileo. My opinion is that the Cannondale doesn't even come close to the ride quality of the Pinarello. Not even in the same league.

The Pinarello is much quicker and more responsive. It is also lighter and has better geometry for climbing and sprinting. The craftsmanship is also far greater. I love what they have done to their custom tubing. All of the tubing is much smaller diameter yet retains the same strength by expanding the size at the point where the tubes come together. End result is a much more sleeker and elegant looking frame.

Go for the Pinarello. You won't regret it.

bit of a rough comparison......the caad3 is quite different to the r2000....I have ridden both and they are worlds apart.

the r2000 is a very responsive and sleek machine to ride.

so your comparison is somewhat misleading...

Originally posted by veloist
The craftsmanship is also far greater.

They do seem worlds apart in this regard. Italian style can't be beat. The bike is art.

Thanks for responding.

Originally posted by shaneo
bit of a rough comparison......the caad3 is quite different to the r2000....I have ridden both and they are worlds apart.

Frame wise...what is the difference between the 3 and the 7? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Originally posted by shaneo

True. Like I said, I have not ridden the newer Cannondale frames. There are significant differences between the CAAD3 and 7. I think the main triangle is basically the same. The primary changes have been with the rear seat stays and chain stays. The 7 uses an s bend configuration to absorb shock. They also look a bit slimmer in diameter. I belive the 7 also has an integrated Bottom Bracket which is a very cool concept. Only drawback is you can only use the cannondale proprietary crank system.

Originally posted by renny
Frame wise...what is the difference between the 3 and the 7? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

different alloy.....snaked rear stays....carbon fork and steerer...the frame has evolved quite abit from the caad 3. The bottom line....it is a much more responsive frame....more of a factor if you are into road racing or crits....I was riding my 3 the other day while the 7 was getting repaired.....like I said a world of difference....and I thought my 3 was the best thing when I first got it...

Looking for buying Pinarello bikes for a begginer but really want to ride a lot!!
which Pinarello is good for beginer?- galileo' prince or opera??
thanx

Can't go wrong with the Pinarello. I bought mine two years ago and it's a 60cm. I'm 6'3" 170lbs and the bike is comfortable and fast. I used to ride a cro-moly Bianchi which was slightly more comfortable, but the handling was slower.

Cannondale makes a good bike. But the Galieo is a little bit more expensive but also a little different.