cannondale r5000-opp of my life

hi guys...i am in europe now, and can not find a cannondale vendor
anywhere. I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a cannondale
r5000, and i can't decide between a 56 or a 58. i am 6ft, 170lbs and
currently ride a 56 Airborne. It fits great, and the 58 feels
literally like a stretch....so obviously, with the Cannondale, i am
thinking 56 again...but anyone out there have first hand advise???

thanks

[email protected] wrote:
> hi guys...i am in europe now, and can not find a cannondale vendor
> anywhere. I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a cannondale
> r5000, and i can't decide between a 56 or a 58. i am 6ft, 170lbs and
> currently ride a 56 Airborne. It fits great, and the 58 feels
> literally like a stretch....so obviously, with the Cannondale, i am
> thinking 56 again...but anyone out there have first hand advise???

Yes. Read your post aloud and the answer will be apparent. HTH

[email protected] wrote:
> hi guys...i am in europe now, and can not find a cannondale vendor
> anywhere. I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a cannondale
> r5000, and i can't decide between a 56 or a 58. i am 6ft, 170lbs and
> currently ride a 56 Airborne. It fits great, and the 58 feels
> literally like a stretch....so obviously, with the Cannondale, i am
> thinking 56 again...but anyone out there have first hand advise???
>
> thanks

I'm the same height and weight. I currently own two Cannondale road
bikes, Y2K R800 and a 2004 R2000, both are 58 with 120 bar stem. They
fit like a glove to me. Perhaps the "stretch" is just what you need for
a better bike fit.
Cheers
Rick in Tennessee

> hi guys...i am in europe now, and can not find a cannondale vendor
> anywhere. I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a cannondale
> r5000, and i can't decide between a 56 or a 58. i am 6ft, 170lbs and
> currently ride a 56 Airborne. It fits great, and the 58 feels
> literally like a stretch....so obviously, with the Cannondale, i am
> thinking 56 again...but anyone out there have first hand advise???
>
> thanks

You need to find out the effective top tube measurements of all three
bikes. Buy the Cannondale that has the closest effective top tube to
your Airborne.

I'm so nice...if your 56cm Airborne matches the two bikes I checked on
their site, it has a 55cm effective top tube.

Cannondale's 56 cm R5000 frame has a 56 cm top tube, which is suggestive
that if anything, you should be on something smaller than a 56 to get
the same fit! (They make a frame-only 55 cm frame that has a 55.3 cm top
tube.)

The reason for using the top tube as the key measurement is because the
"actual" frame size -- the seat tube length -- can be easily adjusted
over a wide range with a long seatpost. The reach to the bars can only
be adjusted only about 10 cm over common stem lengths.

What stem length do you use on your Airborne?