Cannondale R5000 vs Optimo Caad 8 (crash)`

pieralberto

Jul 2, 2006
Hi Everyone:

I had an accident a few hours ago and I am all banged up, anyway that is not the point. The problem is that my cannondale R5000 frame is messed up:mad: , i need a new frame. I have the chance to get a cannondale optimo caad8 and the main question is what is the difference my twisted frame read caad8 as well but is a R5000. Please help me understand the difference.

Thanks,

pieralberto said:
Hi Everyone:

I had an accident a few hours ago and I am all banged up, anyway that is not the point. The problem is that my cannondale R5000 frame is messed up:mad: , i need a new frame. I have the chance to get a cannondale optimo caad8 and the main question is what is the difference my twisted frame read caad8 as well but is a R5000. Please help me understand the difference.

Thanks,
My understanding is CAAD 8 is CAAD 8, regardless of models. The difference between different models is the components.

melslur said:
My understanding is CAAD 8 is CAAD 8, regardless of models. The difference between different models is the components.
Yes on the CAAD8 being a CAAD8 and the R-number indicating the buildup. His R5000 could be older (CAAD7, 6, 5 ,etc) though.