Cannondale R600/800 with Headshok

powinc

Nov 2, 2003
I wondering if the Cannondale R600 or 800 with Headshok are worth the money? These models seem to be a good idea, but do they work?? Or are they just a gimmick???

powinc

I bought an R600 Headshok a couple of months ago. I do fitness /day rides, usually about 50 miles on the day ride. The bike is fantastic - fast but very, very comfortable.
It's only since I've had the bike that I return home after 50 miles with absolutely no sore or aching bits. You know, the sore bum and a bit of discomfort on the shoulders or neck which you take as being normal.
The bikes do not seem to sell well, which is a pity. So many cyclists appear to be stuck in the past and think that bike development stopped around 30 years ago.
When I visited a dealer who did not stock the headshok bike they asked me why I wanted suspension - as I'd never had it I wouldn't miss it anyway!
Early cars didn't have suspension but that soon changed. You can lock out the headshok but I very rarely do. Like any good suspension you aren't aware that it's there, the bumps are just smoothed over.