Cannondale R900 56 cm For Sale

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by ncgrifo, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ncgrifo

ncgrifo New Member

Red/Black/Carbon Fiber

Campagnolo Veloce 10 Speed
    Premium Slice Carbon Fiber front fork
    Gipiemme Parade 16 spoke wheels with original Hutchinson tires
    Shimano quick-release pedals
    Poggio seat with carbon fiber seat post
    Two water bottle cages
    Original owner's manual and receipts from new

Like New Condition, all original. Very gently used. Beautiful bicycle. Bad back forces reluctant sale of beloved dream bike. This is my Ferrari, it pains me to have to part with it, but I'll never be able to ride it again due to my serious lower back issues.

Looking for the right home for this wonderful, carefully ridden and cared-for bicycle. Never exposed to inclement weather, you'd be hard-pressed to tell this from a new bicycle.

Cannondale R900 56 cm is located in Charlotte, NC.

Please inquire with questions or to arrange a viewing.

Price: $949. Local pick-up preferred, or could arrange shipping if pre-paid once funds clear, freight on buyer.

Darren
    [email protected]
    704-604-0704

Tags:

2. maddogbubba

maddogbubba New Member

ncgrifo - nice bike ! what s the year ? hoe many miles ? looking at bike for my son . he is a hair under 5' 11" , is this correct size ? cant get any assistance from cannondale in this dept .

3. ncgrifo

ncgrifo New Member

Hi,

I purchased the Cannondale brand-new from a local bike store here in Charlotte (NC) in 2005. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter I required surgery on my neck (I have degenerative disc disease, the surgery had nothing whatsoever to do with the bike), and couldn't comfortably ride the bike for another two years. I only rode it in the very best sunny weather, never in rain or after a snow (salt on roads!), and would ride a 10 mile circuit. It's hard for me to say how many miles are on it, but not very many at most. All rides were local, 10 miles at a time. I never transported the bike to ride it, and never went on any long rides. It's never been exposed to salt air at the beach or anything like that, and only ridden on the street, never on dirt or gravel or anything else that would hurt the paint. In May of 2010, my back started to act up again, this time lower lumbar, so I haven't ridden the Cannondale since then. It's just hanging on the wall of my garage, protected from the elements.

I'm 6' tall, so your son is very close to my height, should be okay with this size frame. You can go online and do a google search for "recommended frame sizes" for someone of your son's height, but since he's only 1" shorter than I am, he should be fine with this size.

You can email me directly for more photos and information at [email protected].

ncgrifo