Cannondale recumbent 2004

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by John Riley, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. John Riley

    John Riley New Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2003

  2. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    You scooped me again! I really need to put you on the payroll.

    On 19 Aug 2003 00:27:37 +0950, John Riley <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Look on this page under comfort bike and see that Cannondale is listing two versions of their
    >recumbent, one minus the front suspension.
    >
    >http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/index.html
    >
    >John Riley johnriley1 (at) rogers.com
    >

    >--

    Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

  3. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    John Riley <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Look on this page under comfort bike and see that Cannondale is listing two versions of their
    > recumbent, one minus the front suspension.
    >
    > http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/index.html
    >
    > John Riley johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

    I guess it's a move in the right direction...being able to offer a lower cost version of this nice
    bike. Notice that the component spec has been lowered as well though still very good. I am curious
    as to the MSRP of this model.

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  4. Rocketman58

    Rocketman58 Guest

    I was told it will list for about $1400. ($1399?)

    Too bad the non-front suspended version does not come with a 406 front wheel. (Hmmm... Dual 20's...
    with comp pool tires .... )

    Rocketman58 Currently un-bent

    > I guess it's a move in the right direction...being able to offer a lower cost version of this nice
    > bike. Notice that the component spec has been lowered as well though still very good. I am curious
    > as to the MSRP of this model.
    >
    > Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  5. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    [email protected] (rocketman58) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was told it will list for about $1400. ($1399?)

    Not bad. Factor in that some dealers discount so we may see these for $1200 or so?

    > Too bad the non-front suspended version does not come with a 406 front wheel. (Hmmm... Dual
    > 20's... with comp pool tires .... )

    Ah yes...like the Maxarya. An optional 406 front would be nice as long as you're not sitting way
    back on the frame and have to climb steep hills. It could cause the front end to get really light if
    you know what I mean.

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  6. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    I wish Cannondale would produce an SWB. I would be interested to see what they could come up with.

  7. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Edward Wong wrote:
    > ... Ah yes...like the Maxarya. An optional 406 front would be nice as long as you're not sitting
    > way back on the frame and have to climb steep hills. It could cause the front end to get really
    > light if you know what I mean.

    I can do torque wheelies from a dead stop on a RANS Tailwind.

  8. Rocketman58

    Rocketman58 Guest

    ....It could cause the front end to get really light if you know what I mean....

    Not really. . . I'm short so the seat is way forward.

    [email protected] (Edward Wong) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (rocketman58) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I was told it will list for about $1400. ($1399?)
    >
    > Not bad. Factor in that some dealers discount so we may see these for $1200 or so?
    >
    > > Too bad the non-front suspended version does not come with a 406 front wheel. (Hmmm... Dual
    > > 20's... with comp pool tires .... )
    >
    > Ah yes...like the Maxarya. An optional 406 front would be nice as long as you're not sitting way
    > back on the frame and have to climb steep hills. It could cause the front end to get really light
    > if you know what I mean.
    >
    > Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  9. Rocketman58

    Rocketman58 Guest