Cannondale recumbent 2004

You scooped me again! I really need to put you on the payroll.

On 19 Aug 2003 00:27:37 +0950, John Riley <[email protected]> wrote:

>Look on this page under comfort bike and see that Cannondale is listing two versions of their
>recumbent, one minus the front suspension.
>
>http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/index.html
>
>John Riley johnriley1 (at) rogers.com
>

>--

Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

John Riley <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Look on this page under comfort bike and see that Cannondale is listing two versions of their
> recumbent, one minus the front suspension.
>
> http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/index.html
>
> John Riley johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

I guess it's a move in the right direction...being able to offer a lower cost version of this nice
bike. Notice that the component spec has been lowered as well though still very good. I am curious
as to the MSRP of this model.

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

I was told it will list for about $1400. ($1399?)

Too bad the non-front suspended version does not come with a 406 front wheel. (Hmmm... Dual 20's...
with comp pool tires .... )

Rocketman58 Currently un-bent

> I guess it's a move in the right direction...being able to offer a lower cost version of this nice
> bike. Notice that the component spec has been lowered as well though still very good. I am curious
> as to the MSRP of this model.
>
> Edward Wong Orlando, FL

[email protected] (rocketman58) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I was told it will list for about $1400. ($1399?)

Not bad. Factor in that some dealers discount so we may see these for $1200 or so?

> Too bad the non-front suspended version does not come with a 406 front wheel. (Hmmm... Dual
> 20's... with comp pool tires .... )

Ah yes...like the Maxarya. An optional 406 front would be nice as long as you're not sitting way
back on the frame and have to climb steep hills. It could cause the front end to get really light if
you know what I mean.

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

Originally posted by John Riley
Look on this page under comfort bike and see that Cannondale is listing two versions of their recumbent, one minus the front suspension.

I wish Cannondale would produce an SWB. I would be interested to see what they could come up with.

Edward Wong wrote:
> ... Ah yes...like the Maxarya. An optional 406 front would be nice as long as you're not sitting
> way back on the frame and have to climb steep hills. It could cause the front end to get really
> light if you know what I mean.

I can do torque wheelies from a dead stop on a RANS Tailwind.

....It could cause the front end to get really light if you know what I mean....

Not really. . . I'm short so the seat is way forward.

[email protected] (Edward Wong) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (rocketman58) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I was told it will list for about $1400. ($1399?)
>
> Not bad. Factor in that some dealers discount so we may see these for $1200 or so?
>
> > Too bad the non-front suspended version does not come with a 406 front wheel. (Hmmm... Dual
> > 20's... with comp pool tires .... )
>
> Ah yes...like the Maxarya. An optional 406 front would be nice as long as you're not sitting way
> back on the frame and have to climb steep hills. It could cause the front end to get really light
> if you know what I mean.
>
> Edward Wong Orlando, FL

I wish they would make a semi-low LWB.

Rocketman58