Cannondale shift conversin

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by deanford, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. deanford

    deanford New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2004
    I am a newbie tri-athlete. I am looking at a Cannondale R300 for a starter bike. The only thing I am uncomfortable with is the shifters located on the down tube. Anyone have any experience or advice on relocating the shifters to the handlebars or the aero bars?

    Tags:

  2. Song

    Song Guest

    You just need:

    a pair of downtube cable stops/guides ($10+ ebay or $5 from
    a friendly bike shop) to replace the downtube levers

    and

    a pair of bar-end shifters for a 'full-blown' tri setup
    (perhaps $20 if you're lucky - $16 at my Local Bike Shop) OR
    a pair of STI/Ergo integrated shifters/levers (usually not
    less than $60 anywhere)

    OR cooler still - remove all extraneous gear and go
    singlespeed!!

    hope it helps Song

  3. Song wrote:

    > You just need:
    >
    > a pair of downtube cable stops/guides ($10+ ebay or $5
    > from a friendly bike shop) to replace the downtube levers
    >
    > and
    >
    > a pair of bar-end shifters for a 'full-blown' tri setup
    > (perhaps $20 if you're lucky - $16 at my Local Bike Shop)
    > OR a pair of STI/Ergo integrated shifters/levers (usually
    > not less than $60 anywhere)

    And some longer inner cables and extra bits of outer
    housing!