Cannondale Six 13 Team 2

jrstevens

Dec 22, 2004
I have a opportunity to pick up an '06 Ultegra equipped Six 13 for $2999 $500 bones off retail. The manager said there is even room to move on that price should I be interested. I've never shopped for C'dales before; is this a good price?

TIA,

JS

The Cannondale Six 13 Team is a great bike but may take a little getting used to depending on what you were riding previously/currently.

Nice flat handlebar tops for comfy upright riding. Very smooth ride on the road, I get away with tri shorts on centuary ride with no discomfort at all.

The bike has quite a bit of bend in the frame. It's really odd to experience the bike frame bending from side to side on a road that ripples. So, you will lose a tiny amount of performance for comfort. For me, a beautiful ride is worth the trade-off.

I have the Dura Ace (Compact, 50/34 - 11-23 & FSA front Mech - instead of the Dura Ace) version that cost me £2500, nonetheless I expect the Ultegra gives the same quality of ride.

As for best price, do a search for this bike on Google and you will get an idea of the current market purchase price.

jrstevens said:
I have a opportunity to pick up an '06 Ultegra equipped Six 13 for $2999 $500 bones off retail. The manager said there is even room to move on that price should I be interested. I've never shopped for C'dales before; is this a good price?

TIA,

JS

Fat Man Slim said:
The Cannondale Six 13 Team is a great bike but may take a little getting used to depending on what you were riding previously/currently.

Nice flat handlebar tops for comfy upright riding. Very smooth ride on the road, I get away with tri shorts on centuary ride with no discomfort at all.

The bike has quite a bit of bend in the frame. It's really odd to experience the bike frame bending from side to side on a road that ripples. So, you will lose a tiny amount of performance for comfort. For me, a beautiful ride is worth the trade-off.

I have the Dura Ace (Compact, 50/34 - 11-23 & FSA front Mech - instead of the Dura Ace) version that cost me £2500, nonetheless I expect the Ultegra gives the same quality of ride.

As for best price, do a search for this bike on Google and you will get an idea of the current market purchase price.
I was under the impression the six13 was(is) a performance racing bike not a comfort bike?:confused:

Fat Man Slim said:
The Cannondale Six 13 Team... The bike has quite a bit of bend in the frame. It's really odd to experience the bike frame bending from side to side on a road that ripples. So, you will lose a tiny amount of performance for comfort.
That's guaranteed to scare off quite a few performance minded potential buyers. :D

How often do you come by a rippled road? I just happen ride a patch of road that has been badly repaired on my training rides. If you are at the stage of improving your times by seconds rather than minutes then this probably is not the bike for you. There must be some slight performance loss over a more rigid frame (my opinion).

jrstevens said:
I was under the impression the six13 was(is) a performance racing bike not a comfort bike?:confused:

I purchased an ultegra equipped 2006 Six13 Pro2 in August for $2500 including tax and the LBS did not give me any deals.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two frames, so I don't know if this is an apple to apple comparison.

Fat Man Slim said:

I totally disagrees with this comment. I make my training at a aluminum Trek 2300 and I race at a 2006 Six13 DuraAce Team.

There is no way that the Six13 "bends" under any circumstance, the rear end it's stiff as it should be (it's all aluminum) and it's very comfortable with the top and down tubes made from carbon.

By the way, this is the difference between the Team and the Pro, the pro have only the carbon bottom tube, top tube it's aluminum also.

Maybe previous models of the Six13 had that "bending" feeling with the seat tube made from carbon, but 2006 model it's stiff, responsive, light and not teeth grinding as the Trek.

Just my humble opinion.

jrstevens said:

Six13 IS a performance racing bike

Fat Man Slim said:

so the model I am looking at is indeed the six13 Team; it just doesn't sound right that Cannondale's top of the line frame was '06 would bend like you describe. anyways I'll be getting on it soon enough for a test ride so will pay close attention...

Felt_Rider said:
I purchased an ultegra equipped 2006 Six13 Pro2 in August for $2500 including tax and the LBS did not give me any deals.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two frames, so I don't know if this is an apple to apple comparison.
I bought A six13 pro with Ultegra for $1999 2 months ago. I love every bit of it. I sold off the Ultegra and moved my DA over to it and got rid of the Ksyriums and put some DT Swiss 1.1 on there.

The difference between the Team and pro is that the top tube on the team is carbon instead of Aluminum.