Cannondale Six13 advice

deviate

Mar 9, 2013
I have a friend who has a Cannondale Six 13. He said its the year the model was last hand made in the U.S which is either 2004 or 2005. It's made of fused carbon fibre and aluminum. It has Mavic Carbon Fibre wheels and Campagnolo Record full components. upgrades are:
1. Zipp 303 carbon fiber clincher wheel set 2. Cannondale SRM power meter crank set. (power meter head unit/ computer not included. available on ebay) 3. Deda Elementi Black stick seat post 4. red Fizik saddle 5. Speedplay Zero titanium pedals.
He is the original owner and stated the bike has close to 700miles on it.

Im not a bike guy(unless you count bmxing) Im not that familiar with these bikes but it sure is nice looking and light! i never picked up such a light weight bike before. It couldn't have weighed more than 12lbs
He Didnt want to tell me the exact price he paid but said he paid more than $6k on everything

Anyways, hes in a financial situation and wants to sell me the bike. I just wanted to know what the resale value was and what I should pay for it if I did buy it?
Anything informative would greatly help. Dont want to end up being stuck with something I paid to much for.

Frames build by different materials have not prove their good, you either buy an alumium frame or a carbon frame for example, except for the fork, frames (of different materials) use carbon fiber forks. I have seen the Six13 picture and it is a unique way of making the combination of materials, since most builders that have tried that use the carbon fibre in the real triangle of the frame, the Six13 uses carbon in the downtube and top tube and alumium as a kind of lug of larger sizes. As you stated, and if you are not a committed cyclist, your investment could well end up in the garage gathering dust, there are so many options that i would suggest that you come up with a narrow list of choices so that we can recommend you the better option, there are bikes on all possible budgets.