Cannondale Street Rohloff - performance and weight?

i'm only guessing but i'd say 24-26lb. looks pretty nice and should be ultra reliable and pretty quick. hub gears and magura louise both last forever

Originally posted by jacko791
i'm only guessing but i'd say 24-26lb. looks pretty nice and should be ultra reliable and pretty quick. hub gears and magura louise both last forever

The extreme reliability combined to a seemingly fine frame is the quality that appeals me most considering this bike. It should be a trouble-free ride for many years to come.

I sent email to C'dale's help desk concerning the weight issue. Don't know if they give out such information (rough approx. estimation). I let you know if I hear anything from them.

C'dale staff was kind enough to reply my email and tell more about the weight issue. The message includes the following:

'We have weighed a 65 cm Street Rohloff and this bike is 12.80 kg and the
Cyclocross Disc is 9.66 kg (54 cm)
Please note that weights may vary, due to many variables, such as frame
size, components included or excluded as well as running changes to
component specifications.'

9.66/12.80 kg ~ 21.3/28.2 lbs

I wanted the CC bike there for comparison. Have to admit, after taking a closer look at this disc-equipped CC I found it quite appealing (enough to look beyond my hesitation toward dropbars). Notice the vast difference in frame sizes. Street Rohloff also has many accessories that the CC bike lacks. With some minor tweaks 12,8 kg bike would most probably be sub 12.