Cannondale Supersix Evo V's Supersix 1

mdloc0

Nov 28, 2011
Hey guys,

There's about $1500 aus difference between the supersix 1 to a 2012'evo red.

What would you rather.... never ridden a bike with red on it. Anything different, know that red is the top of the line in the series but'the noise it puts out is loud!

MDL

I've pedaled some miles on SRAM gruppo stuff, and I don't get on with it at all. Frankly, I can't stand it. However, which gruppo someone likes is mostly a matter of personal preference, so I'd suggest going by a bike shop to see about taking a test ride on a SRAM kitted bike to see what you think.

I have been a die hard Shimano fan for as long as I have ridden bikes. That said my new race bike, a Caad 10 with SRAM Force/Red, changed my mind in a few rides. Yes it does take a bit of getting use to, but once you do it is so much more natural to use than my Shimano, in fact I have more trouble going back to my Shimano than I did going from the Shimano to the SRAM. There were just to many more features that SRAM offered that benefited my style of racing to NOT go SRAM (lighter weight, quicker shifting, shifting that works better during a sprint, etc.), I can literally see SRAM being the difference between winning a race and not winning.

With regard to what bike, the EVO is their signature bike, so if money is not a factor the EVO is the obvious choice. However if it is the SuperSix with a power meter or the EVO without, I would pick the SuperSix all day. If you race, I think you will need to add a PM to the EVO just to get it up to weight, all of the ones I have seen are well in the 14lb range with everything on them.....

The obvious choice should be the bike that best fits the riders needs in terms of fit, feel, cost, and aesthetics. Being a signature bike doesn't guarantee any of that. In fact, it doesn't guarantee anything at all, other than it might mean the bike is the most expensive.

You can make either bike fit just fine and I would certainly hope that if the OP is spending the type of cash he is spending, the shop that takes his $ is makes certain that it fits. The SuperSix and the EVO are not different enough in geometry to make any difference if fitment that an adjustment of stem length, saddle fore/aft, saddle height, cleat positioning, or any of the other multitude of adjustments can't make. It would be different if he had asked "do I go with the EVO or Synapse 1", but both bikes are so similar..

Originally Posted by bgoetz .

You can make either bike fit just fine and I would certainly hope that if the OP is spending the type of cash he is spending, the shop that takes his $ is makes certain that it fits. The SuperSix and the EVO are not different enough in geometry to make any difference if fitment that an adjustment of stem length, saddle fore/aft, saddle height, cleat positioning, or any of the other multitude of adjustments can't make. It would be different if he had asked "do I go with the EVO or Synapse 1", but both bikes are so similar..
The frames being similar does not mean that out on the road, they'll feel the same. It also doesn't mean that either frame would equally fit the OP's aesthetic tastes or cost constraints. You can cherry pick the parameters you like, obviously, but that doesn't make the ones you ignore any less potentially important.