Cannondale Synapse Alloy 6

Juga

Jun 13, 2011
My wife looked at a Cannondale Synapse Alloy 6 today amd wanted to get the opinions from someone that has this bike so if you are someone that owns this bike or are pretty knowledgeable please drop a line. Thanks Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

One of my riding buddies has a Synapse Alloy 5 105 and he loves it. The Synapse Alloy 5 105 is the same frame but with a Shimano 105 drivetrain rather than the Tiagra or SRAM Apex that are standard on the Alloy 6. He got me to test ride an Alloy 6 Tiagra at his LBS a couple of months ago. It was a nice comfortable ride, and could have been fun if it had been my bike. You know how bike shops hate it when you return a test bike all scratched up/img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif. It just didn't inspire me the way my Raleigh or Centurion did the first time that I rode them.

Anyway, as always, fit is the most important aspect of a bike. Find a Synapse that fits and test ride it. It just might be the bike for you. Cannondale does make a fine quality bicycle.

I rode a comparable mens verison and it was a nice ride but I dont think it was for me. My wife really liked it though. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

In my experience, wives and girlfriends tend to value appearance above things like comfort and durability.

She does tend to value appearance but she isn't dumb and knows that an investment like this needs to have all the things she wants. We are in no rush to make the investment so we are definitely doing our research.