Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105

Scottpeters2014

Jan 17, 2014
Hey

I know this is my first post and its a negative one but i have got a major problem on my hands and need help. I bought a brand new 2013 Syanpse on the 5th December 2013 after riding 21 miles i had to take this into the shop as it wasnt changing gears. They serviced it and gave it back to me, That night i was riding home and the rear mech snapped causing the gear to wrap under the wheel and crack the rear fork.

Cannondale have said that it was my fault for not maintaining the bike and refused my warranty claim after only owning the bike for 2 weeks and covering less than 50 miles

So i am not £1400 out of pocket and without a bike and have done nothing wrong ? I have seen others have the same issue and got a replacement bike ?

Any help or advice ? i have threatend legal action but had no responce

Thanks for any help

Scott Peters

Don't threaten.

That's your attorney's job.

Assuming you have contacted Cannondale's home office customer service department and there's no more to your story...unleash the hounds.

Reactions: Scottpeters2014
Originally Posted by Scottpeters2014

That night i was riding home and the rear mech snapped causing the gear to wrap under the wheel and crack the rear fork.
How the heck did you manage to do that?

Meaning... bending the spokes? Maybe...

Thanks for your replies

I have no idea how it happened - Ive had road bikes before and carry out the basic maintenance however only being a few weeks old and going to cannodale to have the gearing looked at i thought everything was ok until it happened. the crack is tiny however being carbon fibre its has wrote the bike off. I dont believe they set the bike up properly and under the sales of goods act i should be able to sue them through that.

I have since spoken to legal advisor who is dealing with it now i will update you when i have infomation.

Bikes don't need "maintenance" after 21 miles. It clearly wasn't set up correctly. Aren't most bikes shipped from the manufacturer with the rear mech in place nowadays? If it was C-dale's screw up, it's their liability. If it was the shop, your recourse may be against them. You have a liability issue with someone here. Let your solicitor handle it.

Reactions: Scottpeters2014
After the threat of legal action from my solicitor they have sourced me a frame which will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. I will update you once its arrived.